How many easterners headed west solo this year?

MtnOyster

WKR
2 years in a row solo from Kentucky and planning on it being 3 in a few months. though a couple buddies say they might go just to sit around camp, see the country and keep good company at night, I love solo hunts, no one to have to take care of or worry about but yourself.

Kauffy

FNG
SE PA to SW ID for the second time this fall.

Wasn't planning on being solo but my buddy from ID drew a rifle tag. I'll taking my bow.

Was bummed at first but am getting more excited thinking about making the calls on my own. Helps that I was there last year.

KEVINSENC

Lil-Rokslider
Im headed back to Colorado, had an opportunity last year and been waiting to try to redeem myself..29 hour drive one way is the worst part...

OP
F

freshta

WKR
Im headed back to Colorado, had an opportunity last year and been waiting to try to redeem myself..29 hour drive one way is the worst part...
Where u at? I’m in between Durham and Greensboro.

Afhunter1

WKR
I will be traveling from PA to ID for 6 days of solo bow hunting. This will be my first time solo and I can't wait. I did invite a buddy and he has yet to give me an answer if he is gonna go or not. I'm not really expecting him to but you never know. I have killed bulls in MT and CO so I know what I am getting myself into and I don't feel nervous although my wife doesn't like it at.

SE PA to SW ID for the second time this fall.

Wasn't planning on being solo but my buddy from ID drew a rifle tag. I'll taking my bow.

Was bummed at first but am getting more excited thinking about making the calls on my own. Helps that I was there last year.
I’m also from se pa but headed to co in September. A friend was supposed to go with but now he’s going for the whole month and I’m not committing to that so I’m either flying out and meeting with him for 10 days or I might drive and solo hunt. Honestly the only thing I don’t like about the solo aspect is the 26 hr drive each way and solo calling. Other than that I enjoy hunting alone as are 99% of my pa hunts

Kauffy

FNG
I’m also from se pa but headed to co in September. A friend was supposed to go with but now he’s going for the whole month and I’m not committing to that so I’m either flying out and meeting with him for 10 days or I might drive and solo hunt. Honestly the only thing I don’t like about the solo aspect is the 26 hr drive each way and solo calling. Other than that I enjoy hunting alone as are 99% of my pa hunts
I only have 7 days so I'm flying. ID is a haul from PA. I flew Southwest last year and it went well. Didn't have any souvenirs to bring back though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Afhunter1

WKR
Yeah I'm flying too. I'll drive to CO or WY but any farther is a flight for me. I leave pitt at 6am on a nonstop to SLC that lands at 10:15 I think. I should have my rental truck and be leaving the airport by 11:00. A stop at walmart for what I couldn't bring on plane and a drive through for dinner and I should be pitching my tent by 6:30 a mile in the back country. So basically 12hrs and I'm ready to be hunting.

It is nice to have your own truck though.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I drive out west in late july-early August every year and don't come home till late October-mid November. There's a lot of planning that goes into it in order to make it smooth. It's something I do alone and something I will do until I am to old or broken to get up those mountains.

I will be going solo to CO next year. Taking my time now to ensure I have my S!@# together before I go. Glad to see I'm not the only one doing this solo.

bdg848

WKR
My wife and I are going from Iowa to Idaho this year for a first time Mule deer hunt. Solo as well. At the very least we'll see some beautiful country.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Fourth year heading west from NC, this year heading to New Mexico for early archery Pronghorn in 28 days and then again in mid Sept for Archery Elk

Will you leave your vehicle out West between the two trips then fly between hunts?