How many forums do you belong to?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
So I've noticed when I look at other forums I see a lot of the same names. Just seeing how many forums everyone gets on.

I was looking at some optics forums and I think Matt, Bitterroot Bulls - takes the cake. Seriously, I've seen his name on like 100 forums haha.

I'm on 3 forums

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Uhhh,

I have registered on 4 forums total.

The first forum I was on, I don't even check anymore.

There are three I still post to, but this one is the BEST, no doubt.

The others have really taken a back seat.

This is the only forum where I have actually exchanged phone numbers with members. I think that says a lot.

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Definitely agree with you about this forum. The only one I actively use and I communicate on a personal level with the members. Rokslide feels more like a close group of friends instead of just a bunch of guys talking about bull$hit.

OP
armyjoe

armyjoe

Super Moderator
haha, you know what I meant. Thats what I do too.

The other sites seem to get weighed down with political stuff, ethics fights, etc...

Slim Jim

WKR
3 for me but I don't even log onto the others anymore. This site seems to have a more hardcore hunter base. Real info and good people from the same style of hunting that I prefer

bnsafe

WKR
im on 4. i like them all or i wouldnt visit them, but there are alot of the same guys on there

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
I'm on 4 forums 3 for elk hunting (Which I haven't even done yet but am already addicted to from 1 scouting trip!)and 1 for traditional archery.
Rokslide and Elknut forums are by far the best! Great bunch of people that are not judgemental. This one beats them all! DIYW (do it your way! That's my style and that is everyone on here)The other 2 are ok and have good info but you have to be careful what you say and have to sift through all the arrogant A-holes and BS to get that info! Only thing I hate about Rokslide is I'm becoming a damn gear junkie!!! :) I'm gonna need a second job thanks to honest reviews!

sk1

WKR
for the most part just rokslide....am registered on a few forums i dont check....i occasionally check a utah forum just because its local for me, however i have a grand total of about 20 posts there.

this is the only forum ive ever made more than 50 posts on in my entire life, and never dreamed id actually give out my phone number or call people from a forum like BB mentioned. great forum, i hope with its ever growing population it can maintain that, and thus far has been able to!

rokslide has ruined other forums for me, more so than i already disliked them.....once in awhile i stray just to read, and end up closing my browser because two posts into it people are calling each other morons, etc etc.

jherald

WKR
for the most part just rokslide....am registered on a few forums i dont check....i occasionally check a utah forum just because its local for me, however i have a grand total of about 20 posts there.

this is the only forum ive ever made more than 50 posts on in my entire life, and never dreamed id actually give out my phone number or call people from a forum like BB mentioned. great forum, i hope with its ever growing population it can maintain that, and thus far has been able to!

rokslide has ruined other forums for me, more so than i already disliked them.....once in awhile i stray just to read, and end up closing my browser because two posts into it people are calling each other morons, etc etc.

That is exactly what got me off of a local forum for Alaska. For every legitmate post there was a half dozen nitwits posting on there.

On Rokslide the majority of the time but registered on 3 or 4 others. Really only active on here and one other forum.

Basically this one and bowsite are all I check. Like others have said I'm registered on a few others but don't check that often.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am on 3 hunting related and a few local ones just for classifieds. Rokslide takes the cake for above mentioned reasons.

There is alot if bs'ing on this site too(like this thread) but not alot of bs if that makes sense. Pretty cool atmosphere in here.