How many game bags for boned out dall

I was just watching Randy Newbergs 2018 Dall Sheep episode and realized the 7 extra Large Bags I have for Moose probably are massive Overkill. Great question!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like three small/medium sized ones. Two for meat and one for the cape.

While you can physically fit all of the meat in one, it gives you no options to split it up with a partner, ferry loads, hanging, cleaning a game bag, etc. I learned that the hard way.

Same as YK for me. Two small, long and skinny game bags for the meat and another small one for the cape.

Snyd

WKR
1/2 of a set of Tag Bag B.O.M.B Bags. 2 long skinny ones for meat and one squarish one for the cape.

P8140088.jpg

ColeyG

WKR
Another vote for the TAG bag BOMB pack. Perfect for sheep sized critters. I take all 6 as I like to keep some of the choice cuts separate and easily accessed in the field for dinner time.

Griswold

FNG
10 one gallon zip lock bags. Each one holds about 9 lbs of meat. Build a rock crib in the stream. You then place them in a stream to keep the meat cold. Some sheep hunting areas in AK don't have shrubs to hang meat in. Streams are always cold. I hunted in the eastern Wrangells.
In AK, sometimes you just have to do things different.

ColeyG

WKR
I have a set of those as well and like them quite a bit. They are a little heavier and more bulky than the TAG BOMB pack. The BOMB pack is 10oz for 6 bags, Caribou's kit is 14oz for 5 bags.

The caribou bags are quite a bit more durable in my experience.

I have a set of those as well and like them quite a bit. They are a little heavier and more bulky than the TAG BOMB pack. The BOMB pack is 10oz for 6 bags, Caribou's kit is 14oz for 5 bags.

The caribou bags are quite a bit more durable in my experience.

They also come with plastic bags and a sheet it said for placing meat on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk