How many hours work time involved in a re-barrel job?

Guys, just curious how many hours of actual work are involved in trueing up a Remington 700 action, cutting a chamber, fitting a barrel, and installing a muzzle break? I’m doing by very best to have a good attitude lol. Super small shop with a very minimal workload… produce fantastic rifles though.

gbflyer

WKR
Depends. Some guys have everything loaded up in a CNC machine and it’s really fast. There are manual lathe shops that are fast too if they do a lot of them, have a pressurized oil flushing system for chambering, etc. There are hobby guys like me that are slow.

CNC guys: ???? Several a day
Fast professional manual guys: probably could do 2 a day between various phone calls
Hobby guys (me anyway): it would take all day.

The hard part about a small shop is dealing with the customers, ordering, shipping, etc. by yourself. Poor bastard ends up grinding away half the night to get any work done.

Str8shtr

Lil-Rokslider
Truing the action is a vague term. Everyone's idea of truing an action is different. I'm just a hobbyist but I could probably do a thread/chamber/brake install in 6-8hrs.

OP
P
Thanks guys this is exactly what I had hoped to hear. I appreciate the responses