How many hunters out there are Christians?

a3dhunter

WKR
For years now my wife has been putting together a set of 3"x5" cards for me with devotional thoughts for my trips to the mountains.
For each hunt I know she will have something for me, gives me something to take a look at and focus a time of praise and thanksgiving to my heavenly Father for the beauty I am surrounded with, while allowing me to stop, focus, and enjoy the moment.
It is obvious to me when surrounded by the forest, the mountains, and everything in the outdoors that I am so small compared to the grand scheme of things and I've really enjoyed that thin place, where being in the mountains make me feel just a little closer to God.

What do you guys do?

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
I am and proud of it. How anyone can go into the mountains and see the beauty he has created for us and yet not believe in him is beyond me.

bnsafe

WKR
sign me up, although i admit im in little funk right now and having a hard time worshipping. glad to know there are other christians on this site though

OP
a3dhunter

a3dhunter

WKR
I am. I just got back from a camp out with our Royal Ranger group!
I generally carry a small New Testament Bible, but I really like the 3x5 card idea.

The typical 3"x5" card will have a scripture on it, then a prayer my wife has for me that day, then a worship/praise song. Last year she had several of the ministers and close friends each write something of a devo for me, with their thoughts for me on my 10 day trip. Usually if she has more to put down she may go to a 4"x6" card but most of the time she can use smaller type and print everything out on 3"x5" cards with a rubber band around them, then put them in a small sandwich bag to keep them water proof.

If someone was interested in this idea I am sure we can make some up and get them sent out, just pm me. I know it has helped me and been very enjoyable.

hodgeman

WKR
I took my Kindle sheep hunting last year...several Bibles and devotionals and not much weight or bulk.

Socked in a tent during a big storm gives Tozer a new dimension.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
Great thread, I have the bible on my phone but can't use it much cause I need to save
the battery, a small new treatment or cards is a good idea, like said, how could anybody go in the mountains
and not believe in God, amen

B

bearguide

it is definitly GODS country, in the mountians you can feel His presence best

OP
a3dhunter

a3dhunter

WKR
it is definitly GODS country, in the mountians you can feel His presence best

For some people, they have a different place where they feel close to God. But when I think of my "THIN" place, where I feel closest to God, it's above timberline in the rocky mountains.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Amen brothers, I always take a tiny New Testament Bible with me on my hunting trips.

littlebuf

Banned
i am,and trying day by day to become a better one.this last year ive made some pretty significant steps spiritually speaking and its been a interesting journey.ill have to share my story about last years elk hunt one of these days. some pretty profound moments up there between God and I. it turned out be obvious prep work for some of what he had in store for me since then.oh and yes on backpack trips theres a little bible with me