How Many of the Same Caliber

TN2shot07

WKR
The justify the purchase part is a hard sell... I have multiple rifles in 30-06 and 25-06, each rifle is set up a little differently but my 25-06s all shoot the same ammo so maybe that’s a selling point?

Coues123

FNG
It was easy to justify with 5 kids. They all need a rifle to hunt at the same time in the same caliber. You also need different calibers for different game. If you're married use the shoe/dress arguement. She has more than oneand the kids need more than one. She bought Christmas presents I bought them guns which they get to keep for life once they are married and have a house witha safe.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have 3 left hand Remington 700s in 300 RUM. I think I got the first, a 700 LSS, in 2000. At one point it would put 5 rounds inside an inch circle when I did my part. I picked up a second LSS five or six years ago in a pawn shop. It was in great shape, I liked the cartridge, and I got the rifle for less than the cost of a rebarrel. It shoots about as well as the first one did. I picked up my last - a 700 KS - on Gunbroker a few months ago. I am no longer as enamored with the RUM, but I had always wanted a 700 KS, you don’t see lefty KSs for sale that often, and I got it for about the price of a new KS stock from McMillan. I have been able to shoot around an inch for three shots with it.

The first RUM has a lot of rounds through it and it doesn’t shoot as well as it once did. As soon as my new stock gets here, it is going to become a 30 Nosler.

Comerade

FNG
I have Husqvarna( wood/blue) , Remington 700( synthetic/ stainless) , BLR takedown and a Miroku B78 all in the .270 wcf. All using rifles.
I would like to find a Miroku model 95 in the same chambering...not to common.
My main rifle is the BLR

bsnedeker

WKR
I have Husqvarna( wood/blue) , Remington 700( synthetic/ stainless) , BLR takedown and a Miroku B78 all in the .270 wcf. All using rifles.
I would like to find a Miroku model 95 in the same chambering...not to common.
My main rifle is the BLR
My mind has been officially blown.... first I've ever heard of husqvarna making rifles! Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've doubled up on 300 WM and 6.5 CM. No plans to double up on anything else as there are way too many choices available.

ldmay375

FNG
How many of you own multiple rifles in the same caliber? How did you justify the purchase? How are they different in function and in use?

I'm not a collector, but I do like nice guns, and don't like to keep stuff around that I don't use. I have a 6.5 CM Tikka which is basically stock that shoots, but I really want the new Sako S20 Hunter in the same caliber. Having a hard time justifying the redundancy, but no other caliber appeals to me.
I have some duplicates in the same cartridge, same rifle, and sometimes the same stock and same color, usually the optics differ. I do like firearms, and I no longer agonize over "collecting" them.
A meager attempt at justification is, the back-up rifle scenario. Problem being, I have never carried a back-up rifle. Having a duplicate in the same cartridge does simplify ammo and reloading to some extent. At least the brass will start the same.

OP
slowelk

slowelk

WKR
Same caliber? Or same cartridge? There is a difference.

My intention was cartridge, poor choice of word. The S20 comes in a 6.5 PRC, and in my opinion increased velocity isn't enough of a differentiator when it comes to killing despite other advantages, so I believe a CM and a PRC are basically the same in most hunting scenarios. In most cases, with the exception of the 308 family, there are very minor differences between the cartridge choices in a caliber category.