How many of you Western Hunters use Whisker Biscuits on your bows?

sk1

WKR
i did until a year ago......used them for 10 years. i think whisker biscuits are great, and you can be accurate with them even at long distances. i remember watching youtube videos of a guy shooting with a biscuit at 100 yards to prove you can be accurate, and he sure as heck was. however if you watch the fletchings go through the biscuit at slow motion it is a pretty violent reaction, and i would think you would definitely be more accurate than not without having that type of contact. the nice thing about a whisker biscuit is it is pretty much worry free, the bad thing is, if you shoot often, you will need to replace it often, not to mention mine used to get tore up by brush, i think i replaced more from that than shooting.

Last edited:

shaun

WKR
I did on my last 2 bows it is a solid full proof rest for sure. I did change it up on my new bow this year and went with a drop away

Im a biscuit guy. They're just stupid reliable.

Ive beat to many drop away guys, and been beat by to many drop away guys. Its the guy behind the rest, not the rest.

A good shooter is a good shooter. He's practices solid fundamentals and form regardless of his equipment.

bowuntr

WKR
I've owned 2 of them and could not get them to shoot for me. They go against. All principles ofgood arrow flight. On the other hand, I know guys that shoot them well and think they are the cats meow... Ed F

I am not a western hunter but I am a bow ONLY hunter. I will not shoot anything BUT a drop away. I want as little as possible to afffect my arrow flight.

-Jim

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
I think I am going to stick with the direction I was going. Rip Cord Code Red.

trkyslr

WKR
i did until a year ago......used them for 10 years. i think whisker biscuits are great, and you can be accurate with them even at long distances. i remember watching youtube videos of a guy shooting with a biscuit at 100 yards to prove you can be accurate, and he sure as heck was. however if you watch the fletchings go through the biscuit at slow motion it is a pretty violent reaction, and i would think you would definitely be more accurate than not without having that type of contact. the nice thing about a whisker biscuit is it is pretty much worry free, the bad thing is, if you shoot often, you will need to replace it often, not to mention mine used to get tore up by brush, i think i replaced more from that than shooting.
^^ this but i switched 2 years ago. Great reliable tough rest for sure! I now shoot a tt smackdown pro

KMT

WKR
I used a WB for ten years. Never had a problem with accuracy. Love the idea of having the arrow secure. A couple of years ago I tried a drop away that also keeps the arrow from falling off the rest accidentally. I like it because it doesn't tear up vanes like the WB can. But overall, I give the WB a huge thumbs up.

Jon Boy

WKR
Ive had the same WB since I started bowhunting. Bomb proof rest and am plenty accurate with it out to 70 if I do my part. I think I might try a ripcord this year just for S&Gs.

bbrown

WKR
I had one on my first bow without any complaints but when I got the chance to upgrade bows I went with QAD and like it just as well.

They work just fine and I have never seen my groups suffer because of it. FOR HUNTING, I don't think you can find a better designed rest... That arrow isn't coming off the WB while stalking or anything...

That said, I took mine off after 8-9 years of using it and switched to a drop away. I was happy then and I am happy now :)

gulicemo

Banned
i did until a year ago......used them for 10 years. i think whisker biscuits are great, and you can be accurate with them even at long distances. i remember watching youtube videos of a guy shooting with a biscuit at 100 yards to prove you can be accurate, and he sure as heck was.

[video=youtube;VbefCoY71Os]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbefCoY71Os[/video]