How many packs?

I've tried using a SG avail for light duty stuff butttttt

I'm still a one trick pony, I always fall back on my kifaru mountain warrior with a xlt lid. It's just works for literally everything, setting up cameras, scouting everything, hunting everything, back pack hunting, truck hunting, running hounds, wandering for sheds.

I always think of trying new bags or like I said running a small bag for lighter fair but I'm to lazy. The whole swaping shit back and forth that are essentials and always go with me it gets old and always end up leaving something in the other pack I wanted or need.

I've probably put a kifaru stryker in a shopping cart 20 times and never bought it. It's not that I don't want it or I wouldn't use it but always convince myself that my current bag does just fine.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
How many packs do you run? Do you have a pack for several hunting scenarios or one pack for all?

I always seem to be adding another pack, it’s the one piece of gear I’m constantly testing and experimenting with.

Currently I have a couple of tree stand packs, a short day pack, a meat hauling day pack and a multi day meat hauling pack.

I’ve been trying to consolidate to one or two packs recently, I’m not doing so well.
I run a seek outside revolution frame and numerous different bags. Just ordered a bag today.

SG x Curve and 6900 and 3600 bags - what I use for western hunts and backpacking

SO revolution frame with peregrine and custom 6000 bags, Merlin on the way. Lately this has been a backup lender pack for friends but is going to get a go as a mobile whitetail pack with just the Merlin this fall.

Cheap ALPs outdoors pack for whitetail in permanent stand

Minimalistic osprey for day hikes/scouting

Northpark

WKR
3/4 for me. My kuiu pack with a 2200” bag for day hunts and a 5600” bag for week backpack hunts. A Badlands monster fanny pack ready to go with decoy, calls, spare AR mags for predator hunting, and my Viking tactical backpack that is my computer brief case/ office first aid/ lunch box/ radio bag/ water for everyday office and field use.

Mt Al

WKR
One, MR Selway. Could have been any meat shelf pack of the same relative size. Big for a daypack, easy to add pockets, lid, etc, to the outside for a few nights out.

I do aspire to be a gear whore, having one pack isn't conforming to minimalism. WIth time being my biggest challenge, I just like things simple, grab and go, in the pack world.

Two. A Pop Up 28 and a Sawtooth 45. The 28 is pure joy as a day pack and for hauling boned out goats back to the truck. The 45 is also a good day pack, but the Guide Light MT frame is the way to go for heavier loads over longer distance, in relative comfort.

Maverick1

WKR
Elk hunting: 1. (And a spare/backup of the same make/model. I have used it).
Elk hunting meat hauler: 1. (And a spare/backup of the same make/model. Have never used it.)

Deer hunting: 1. Soon to be 2.

total of 6.

Wapiti1

WKR
2. Do bags count? If bags count, then 4. Or maybe 5 if bags and load slings count.

What about take down pack frames that you keep in the truck or camper?

6. My number is 6.

Do packs used for scouting count?

7. 7 is it. Final answer.

This doesn't include packs that I own, but haven't used in years. Then it would be 10.

Is that bad? That seems like a lot. I have a problem.....and no ability to sell things.

Jeremy

Simon85

FNG
Wie viele Packs laufen Sie? Haben Sie ein Paket für mehrere Jagdszenarien oder ein Paket für alle?

Ich scheine immer eine weitere Packung hinzuzufügen, es ist die einzige Ausrüstung, mit der ich ständig teste und experimentiere.

Derzeit habe ich ein paar Baumständerpackungen, eine kurze Tagespackung, eine Fleischtransport-Tagespackung und eine mehrtägige Fleischtransportpackung.

Ich habe in letzter Zeit versucht, auf ein oder zwei Packs zu konsolidieren, mir geht es nicht so gut.
i think it's not possible to get one or even two packs for everything. How long is your trip is it sommer or winter, how big is u target and so on.

Kotaman

WKR
Too many! Two full SG setups, three Kifaru full setups and too many daypacks to count. I love gear and packs are one of my favorite gear items to try.

I will say, if I could only have two, it would be my Stone Glacier 5900 and my Kifaru AMR.

Last edited:

CV335

FNG
Two. One dedicated for 5-7 night backcountry hunts (elk, mule deer primarily) and one for a daypack/tree stand pack (whitetail).

SG Sky 5900 on the X Curve frame. For chukar through elk. The versatility of this pack allowed me to replace all of my others. I’m not gonna say I wouldn’t try something else, but it would be a want not a need.

Rock-o

WKR
I have two. A Kelty circa 123 BC - it was Dad's. I don't use it. I use a Kifaru Hoodlum I purchased this year.

2 packs for hunting. 1 for deer/ bear. 1 for waterfowl and predators. Def agree with all the folks who like to keep it simple and streamlined and not have to keep moving items from 1 pack to another and forget something or have 5 kill kits, 5 emergency fire kits, 5 headlights etc....

I’m looking to do a custom SO pack. Im
debating between the saker/brooks type zippered pockets or the water bottle pockets. Any suggestions on which way to go? I’m leaning towards the zipper pockets.

I use to run multiple packs but recently just bought a Seek Outside Lanner 5400, the pack is light and compresses to a size smaller than some of my day packs but will still handle a lot of weight for meat. I sold a few of my other packs and now just use the Lanner for almost everything.

DOESLAYER

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru Duplex Litem, 22 Mag Gen 2 replaced a badlands superday
OG camo Camelbak Mule for light duty

I may pick up a 5K muskeg if i happen to finally go out west...

jacob95

FNG
I only have my SG Sky Talus 6900 as of now. Kind of want to try a Kifaru and an Exo at some point. And im planning on picking up a MR Popup 28 for treestand hunting.

Rwatwood

FNG
I currently only have a Initial Ascent IA4K pack but am planning on buying a new pack in the spring, just can’t decide what I want. Too many options lol

I have a few, and for me, for good reasons.
I use a Kifaru AMR for 5 dayers in archery and day hunts in winter with rifle when I need space to shed clothes as the day goes on
I use a Kifaru Tahr for AZ desert and Western day hunts.
- its smaller size and the way I have it set up is perfect for light and fast in mountains and desert
I use a EXO 1800 for scouting and any hunt not requiring a rifle
- I use a gun carrier that the stock butt attaches to the belt in a holster type pouch
- The Exo belt sucks for this, my hips ache after just 1 mile as the belt doesnt utilize molly webbing but rather a single strap of cordura and velcro

I also have the kifaru fulcrum, that I will be sell