How many people are happy running a single kifaru pack for all situations? Which is your go to?

Jcros

FNG
I am 6ft and 195 and I have the 26" inch frame and it fits great. I love my Reckoning, it can do it all and it compresses down very good. I just bought the helllbender for this year and I will be using a camp bag for my 5+ pack ins. I tried the straight jacket last year and ended up going back to the reckoning for other hunts. I agree with others on this thread you really cant go wrong. I have buddies who love their 22/44 mags.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have used a fulcrum for the last 5 years for everything when hunting big game. No plan on changing that.

Contrary to what some believe you don’t HAVE to buy a new bag every year.

Get the biggest bag you will need, and don’t worry about the rest.

You also don’t have to spend a grand on pockets either, and if you feel you do, I’d recommend a bigger bag

PVHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use my 44 mag as a day bag and have been out 3 nights with it. No complaints. Heck, I walk to the store and lug my groceries home in it sometimes. The staff are always impressed by how much I can cram inside.

FlyGuy

WKR
I started that way with a reckoning. Decided after a few years it was just too much for day hunts so I added a 14’r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

id_jon

WKR
I find myself using my reckoning for almost everything. I've used my stryker on a few day trips and one over nighter, went back to the reckoning. Used a 22 mag a bunch last year, even squeezed a 3 day trip out of it. Went back to the reckoning. It just seems to work the best for me for everything, nice and simple with easy access to whatever I need.

OP
slingnlead
Any Whitetail hunters on here, using the frame or harness on a climber? I am buying for western hunting but would like to use the suspension/frame to lug my summit around.

I’ve had them both, liked the 44 better as it had quite a bit more organization. It’s ready to go as is. The reckoning needed a lid and/or pouches to be fully functional for my needs.

I’ve moved to an SG 5900 with all the hardware replaced to kifaru buckles because it fits me much better. In a perfect world I’d have my SG frame, with an exo bag, thats all built like a kifaru.

Can’t have your cake and eat it too, so I’ve got the pack thats most comfortable under load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This…

In a perfect world I’d have my SG frame, with an exo bag, thats all built like a kifaru.

kjw

WKR
If your picking between the 44 and reckoning, I would choose the reckoning. It’s much more user friendly I thought. Wife used the 44 on her sheep hunt last year and just seemed a little to small. We didn’t care for the way it zips up over the top. She has since taken over my old timberline 2. I love that pack. I used the hoodlum on everything last year, Alaska caribou, 2 sheep hunts, elk, deer, pack trips and day hunts. Really starting to like it.

92xj

WKR
Mountain warrior. I don’t think they have made a better design yet. I use it for everything from day hunts to multi day hunts, tree stands, packing two 50 pound bags of feed, everything. The main bag sucks down great leaving the front pocket a perfect size for day stuff. Open it up and easily fit elk quarters in the bag to pack out. It just flat out works for everything. I hope the day comes when Kifaru will mate a mountain warrior and the hoodlum, make one of the side pockets on the hoodlum a full zip open panel loader, it would be amazing.

Any Whitetail hunters on here, using the frame or harness on a climber? I am buying for western hunting but would like to use the suspension/frame to lug my summit around.
I use the Stryker xl to haul my summit around. Absolutely love it. It's a little tall, but I can carry the stand plus a bunch more and it carries better than anything I've tried.

Wrench

WKR
I put a lot of miles on my mountain warrior. I can cinch it to the size of the frame, or carry my wife in it. With a lid it's as much as I need. I like the access via the zip panel.

The mountain warrior and a guide lid works great for me for everything. Cinches down great for a day pack, but still hav access to pockets to get stuff. Also works great for all the backpack trips I do. I’ve done tons of
1-10 day backpack trips, and never felt like I wanted a different pack.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04