How many people are living in the wilderness?

kaboku68

WKR
There are some that live the old way but not many. I do have friends that live this way but most have a dry cabin in town and then live out during part of the year. It gets tougher when people get older. Some like Heimo Korth are still guiding sheep clients in their 70s. Ed Stevenson was like that.

Bighorse

WKR
You guys talk about water sources and summer temps, I think that’s one reason the temperate rainforest has been used by humans and game a very long time. Add waterway transportation and trees for building and fires and a challenging and sustainable lifestyle was had. You would need to be a super busy bee during harvest preserving and storing but the ocean provides a lovely bounty even during the coldest months. Interesting concept devoid of any mention of a man’s need for kindness and community. It’s possible but your gonna be in full predator mode. Take care of your friends and family.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Mountain Dew and candy alone will lead to profound malnutrition. As your statement clearly implies that they do not need the meat, are you saying everything should be shipped in, like the Mountain Dew; or that people should just live off of Mountain Dew and candy?

I’m saying that almost nobody actually subsists from hunting and fishing now days. Anybody who thinks the subsistence lifestyle is real is dreaming.