How many states do you guys apply in for mule deer?

As a non resident I would not waist your time in CA, OR, or WA. I would skip MT for cost. You could easily rotate UT, CO and WY almost guaranteed on a 3 year rotation if you are flexible on your weapon. No question have a tag in one of those 3 states every year with muzzleloader or archery. Add in AZ OTC archery and you are set with those 4 states to hunt every year.

Last edited:

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I go to Alberta every year so no points needed. One of these days I will hunt a muley out West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnsd16

WKR
MT, WY, UT and SD for points/tags, will be moving to ID so will hunt there every year along with MT and then may add WA.

I'm fortunate enough to be a non resident landowner in Nebraska. So I go home to the ranch every year. Between my son and I four Muleys is enough for us to eat on all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12ring

FNG
7 western states- a couple for alternating years and the rest for bldg. points or swinging for the fences for more difficult to draw units. It does seem to be a conundrum, I wish for the day that I draw multiple difficult to draw units- that would be a great problem to have.