How many veterans do we have here. Active service counts too.

manitou1

WKR
Army infantry 1982-1997. Air Force 2002- present.
Ft. Benning, Ga., 1st Div Ft. Riley, Korea, Phillipines, Hawaii, Alaska, Missouri. A couple tours in the desert. Been on many "trips" encompassing about 20 countries. Retire in 1 yr, 8 mos at 60 since they kick you out at 60. I am ready... getting tired, lol.

I too don't need the arrow build. Hopefully a youngster will get them.

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
USMC Artillery 2000-2006. Best job I ever had. Just replaced my arrows, but love your idea and the thought of giving them to a young vet who really needs them. Semper Fi.

MTSabo

WKR
Active duty Air Force, 18 years and counting. Tours in both Afghanistan and Iraq. My recommendation is you find the youngest enlisted dude on Rokslide who can’t afford the arrows and give them to that guy. I’ll be in Montana and Wyoming this year, otherwise I’d take you up on the beer.

This.

USMC Artillery 2000-2006. Best job I ever had. Just replaced my arrows, but love your idea and the thought of giving them to a young vet who really needs them. Semper Fi.

What unit Red Leg? I was Arty as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
Army infantry 02-08. Thanks for supporting vets!

I will be archery hunting Colorado this year. Can’t wait for the season to get here!

Last edited:
3/10...battalion FDC and survey. You?

Most of my battery/Bn time was with 2/11 and 5/11. During your time I was on I&I duty at 3/14 in Philly (00-03) and recruiting duty in Pittsburgh (03-06). Also did tours at the school house in Sill and Okinawa

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
hahahaha, we're confusing Billy Goat! Great response guys! I'm locking this up until we can coordinate on the drawing. Hold tight, we'll swing back

And thanks to all those Roksliders out there serving the USA!!!! Without you, there'd be no Rokslide and where would be complain about Game and Fish, BHA, Meateater, hahahahahahahahaha

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ok we just unlocked it again. We don't yet have five qualified entrants to draw from.

If you need these arrows and custom build, don't be shy!! Black Ovis and Billy Goat are really happy to do this for our veterans

OP
Billy Goat
Going to let this run a little while. Right now by my count we got 3 entires.

Check back on your post make sure that you state what you will be hunting this fall if you are interested in the arrows.

marktole

WKR
Four years in the Marine Corps as a grunt (2009-2013), once to Afganistan, once aboard the 15th MEU. I hated that damn ship, but man, that Post 9/11 GI Bill was one sweet ass benefit to make that time worth it!

Will be hunting elk in Colorado this fall with a bow, and my home state of Kansas for mule deer as well. Will also probably get down to Arizona in December or January again for mule deer.

But guess what...I don't want the arrows either, like everyone else haha! I just got set up with a new dozen arrows for my compound recently so I'm good. Just wanted to say thanks for thinking of others and thank you to everyone who commented on the thread thanking veterans for their service. Not to mention, thanks to all the vets for their service!

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Air force 2002-2010, was at Andrew's afb in Maryland for several years before finishing at eilson in alaska. Had a couple tours to the middle east. I dont really need the arrows either and wish some young enlisted members would chime in because I know what it was like as an E1-E4 and trying to buy arrows and everything else when starting out. I'll be stuck here in MO this year hunting whitetail and coyotes since my hunting money now gets to be spent on head gaskets in a duramax...🤮

Smitty00

FNG
Here is the deal. I won the black ovis arrow build in the cold bow challenge. I don't need it. I figured best thing to do is pass it along.

So to give back to the Rokslide community and especially any veterans or active service guys here goes another giveaway. No challenge with this one. All it takes is stating when and where you served and what you plan to be hunting these arrows with this fall. Hopefully a few of y'all have some hunts planned even if it's just a quick trip close to home.

Probably going to limit the entries. Right now thinking first five.

Good luck.
21 years old going on 3 years of active duty in the Coast Guard currently Stationed in Fairport Ohio on Lake Erie planning heading back west this fall to my home state of Washington to chase blacktail and mule deer.

Last edited: