How much can I expect to pay for a AK moose hunt?

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
Cut out 2 Starbucks/gas station stops a day and you'll have your hunt paid for in 2 years!

$13 x 730 = $9,490

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! It's amazing what we spend money on and how quick it adds up.

NUGGET

WKR
This thread makes me sad for a few secs then I realize I live in Alaska and all is good...

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t get me wrong either... I think it will continue to go up and up. That delta you reference is critical. I think at some point Yukon/Alaska moose hunts will start being passed on for other more relatively economical moose hunts. Totally different experiences but there are some folks that want to hunt moose (vs moose via Alaskan Adventure). While prices are not way off though they get both ... who knows though... I just wish more people could try these things. I feel truly lucky to give it a whirl and am crazy grateful for all those on this forum that offer up their time in the form of advice and conversations.

I was able to kill a moose last year in AK that has been on top of my bucket list and dream hunt. When I did my research a moose hunt was around $20k and additional expenses were $6k or more. The “more” depended on if you wanted to add Caribou and/or a Grizzly tag plus trophy fees which easily pushes hunt well over $30k. Hunt prices are increasing also for moose it seems. I’m going to save up for a few years and see if I can not get a cancellation hunt and chance to do it again for more reasonable price.

If you are looking at going on a Guided hunt I can recommend OVIS OUTFITTERS as some folks who would work extremely hard for you to have the best trip possible. They are great folks and have some amazing country in Alaska that they guide in. If you are thinking of going on a guided hunt take the time to look at their website and give them a call. Last fall I hunted with them for grizzly bear and had an amazing trip. Matt & Emily Thoft are terrific.

I did an outfitter review and posted it here on this site. You should be able to find it easily enough. I hope that helps and best of luck on your adventure.
David

With a world depression looming it looks like Covid-19 will put a lid on demand for hunts and probably prices for this season, and maybe a few years to come.

VernAK

WKR
With a world depression looming it looks like Covid-19 will put a lid on demand for hunts and probably prices for this season, and maybe a few years to come.

It sure is affecting tourism thus far. Cruise ships are cancelling and about this time we usually get plane loads of Asians arriving to conceive a child under the northern lights but that is greatly diminished.