How much do you all actually hunt?

This year:
8 days in April for bear.
11 days in October for mule deer.
18 days in November for whitetail and cow elk
15 days in December for muzzleloader cow elk.
Not all were overnight trips, some were out of the house day trips.

30-40 days running dogs. Lots of those are with one of the kids. Only 7-10 days away from home. I used to hunt quite a bit more but with my family life now I would rather be home and with them more.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I replied on here already but I figured around 80 days a year plus not including fishing and scouting.

1.Yes 1.5 years old and one on the way
2. Yep Teacher so working during hunting season and she hunts as much as most people.
3. fish...ice fish here and there in the winter and fish almost every weekend in the summer.

Our daughter has been fly fishing in 3 states already, duck hunting, and upland hunting with us. Her first trip was 3 months old strapped to my wife fly fishing in Montana.
That shared as a hobby helps. Our family skis together. Hoping kids want to hunt one day but won’t pressure them. I do fish with my 4 year old

Reactions: WCB
Spring turkey at least 4 mornings a week for the first month.
This fall early goose 2x, dove 2x, probably got in 10 hunts during bow an ml. Got out probably 7-8 times during rifle. Rabbits squirrels ducks an dove probably 10x Had an Alaska trip canceled due to Covid so everything has been local so far. Headed to Ohio to bow hunt for four days tomorrow.

z987k

WKR
Until the freezer is full. Usually takes 5-10 days and 1 or 2 hunts.
Usually a good handful of days fishing to.

I usually hunt 20-40 days a year, some more, some less. I do a fair amount of day hunting closer to home though so that helps keep everyone happy.

Russp17

WKR
I big game hunt between 10-20 normally two big trips a year

Then I bird hunt about 20-40 days and fly fish about 40 days a year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAB

FNG
Some of you are definitely pushing the limits whether you admit it or not. Id bet a few of you are on the brink of divorce and dont even realize it.

My wife quite literally lets me do almost anything I want but I do know my limits. Back to back weeks off with a kid in elementary school tested her patience... ONE... ONE KID.

90 days in five different states for 10 different species... if i had your money id burn mine.
When I was first married I certainly did push it to the limit. Especially turkey season when I would get up right before 2am every single day to hunt before work, hunt in the morning, go to work, go back out to hunt again until around 8pm...... thankfully I got a lot better at turkey hunting but man that first season my wife wanted to kill me after a month of that. I was lucky though I could before work or after and my house was always 5mins to 20mins away. I even got paid to hunt from work because I would test product, that was the best. It didn't happen all the time but when it did I felt like a kid who just found out he got a snow day from school.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
This year, I hunted One ten day elk hunt and a four day whitetail weekend away from home. I also hunt a lot of weekends for whitetail around home, then nearly every morning before work from daylight savings time until the end November. Getting up at 3am,then working until 6 is a long day, but better than not hunting.

Last, about 3 days spring turkey.

11boo

WKR
I’m still getting after it. This late season cow tag is fun. It helps the unit is 90 minutes from home, so mostly day trips. I told the wife I need to camp there, she said if you want to freeze in 10 degree temps go. Challenge accepted.

last few days....

24528BF6-0959-4BC7-AFFA-0F9B9BD24369.jpeg2D04F69A-CF13-4A52-86B6-D9FB2490FEB9.jpegD2C5AB8A-6275-45E5-A302-D84B32A2D519.jpeg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Actually hunt??? Well, let's see here......get up about 1030, have a Pop Tart and go back to bed. After a couple hours more of good sleep, get up and have lunch. Soak up some warm afternoon sun while drinking my coffee, and then maybe get out for an hour before dark. Repeat as necessary.

Gobbler36

WKR
As much as I absolutely can, I’m fourtunate enough that my wife lets me have the fall at free reign but I try to return the favor in the off-season and let her do her thing

I did 16 days between Colorado and Kansas in September. Then 2.5 weeks in Wyoming the end of October. I don't count the days in state or the weeks of scouting in the summer.

hard to say.... thank goodness i can't keep track, if i could, that would be a bad sign. i would say over the course of a year, half of the days are in the woods or on the river. i have formed my life around fishing and hunting from a young age..... my days at work ARE fishing as well.

i have finally decided i need to choose my own schedule, without having to rely on others to get work done... making a pretty big change here soon and looking forward to it.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Two weeks for elk.

Two weeks for spring bear, spread out depending on snow and greenup.

Three or four days for antelope if I draw.

Deer season is super different every year. I'm still finding what type of deer hunting I enjoy and haven't hunted the same unit or weapon any two years in a row.

CorbLand

WKR
Total this year was probably close to 20 nights with a about 5-6 all dayers. About a quarter of these days were with my wife. I also try to get out about once a week for scouting starting in June.

This year was a little lower than average. My wife was finishing up school and I started a new job so we were both busy. I made it very clear when my wife and I were dating that I hunted and plan to hunt a lot. I would leave for 5 days at a time before we got married so she is pretty use to it. I don't ask my wife for permission to go hunting or to do anything. I ask if we have any plans for that day/weekend/week and if the answer is no. I tell her I am going hunting. We don't have any kids so that helps a lot but it amazes me the number of people that get married/engaged and just fall off on doing things they enjoy. I don't know, maybe I dont love my wife enough or something.

Hunting and fishing are about the only two hobbies I have and fishing fills the time in between. I don't play Xbox or anything else. I do think this helps a lot. A couple people I know that their wives don't let them hunt very much also play 2 hours a Xbox a day or go out to the bar with their buddies. That doesn't help the situation.

Last edited: