How much do you all actually hunt?

88man

FNG
most of my life I hunted over 100 days a year. If a day hunting = hunting for a few hours during a day

88man

FNG
most of my life I hunted over 100 days a year. If a day hunting = hunting for a few hours during a day
Between hunting and fishing I know my dad spends 150 days afield a year currently at 80 years old

j_volt

WKR
Looking at spring of 2020 through now...
17 spring turkey hunts
14 public land local pheasant hunts
3 South Dakota public land trips (3 days hunting each time)
1 Wyoming DIY antelope hunt
1 Montana DIY mule deer hunt
6 local WT bow hunts
5 local WT rifle hunts

The CPA in me helps with the record keeping...

Russp17

WKR
This is my season planned for 2021:
10 day steelhead trip
10 day dall sheep hunt
6 day silver fishing trip with my dad
6 day naknak fishing trip
10 day Kodiak goat hunt
Probably try to bird hunt 20-25 days.. will be less this year with what I got planned.

2bulls

FNG
Ok so I won’t say I got into an argument with the wife but discussion was had about how much hunting I do. So I’m the last year I hunted Aoudad and javelina in west Texas for a week, spent 10 days in NV chasing mule deer, then 9 days in Colorado for elk and have been chasing coues deer for the last couple weeks here in AZ. The discussion was spurred by my plan to spend all day Saturday and Sunday in the wilderness chasing deer.

So how much do you all hunt?
60-70 days a year maybe 20-25 over nights but im on my 2nd wife.

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so I won’t say I got into an argument with the wife but discussion was had about how much hunting I do. So I’m the last year I hunted Aoudad and javelina in west Texas for a week, spent 10 days in NV chasing mule deer, then 9 days in Colorado for elk and have been chasing coues deer for the last couple weeks here in AZ. The discussion was spurred by my plan to spend all day Saturday and Sunday in the wilderness chasing deer.

So how much do you all hunt?
Damn, man. I envy your availability to hunt. How the heck do you get away to do it all?

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
This is my season planned for 2021:
10 day steelhead trip
10 day dall sheep hunt
6 day silver fishing trip with my dad
6 day naknak fishing trip
10 day Kodiak goat hunt
Probably try to bird hunt 20-25 days.. will be less this year with what I got planned.
I really wonder how y'all pull this off in a year... Work doesn't get in the way?

Biggie

FNG
Around 3 days a week on average, 3+ 4-5 day weekends when buddies come to visit, did 5 days in WY this year, usually a week trip to SD waterfowl hunting, and 2 week long trips chasing geese during the holidays back home. 3-4 extended weekends in the spring for turkey trips. Far more than the other half tolerates.

2020-January 2021

20ish = Scouted and hunted bears in California
9 = Wyoming pronghorn and an waterfowl opener
12 = Idaho elk and deer
8 = Nevada deer and elk
26 = waterfowl

That puts me around 75 hunting days (not all full days)
I fish 25+ times a year

That's the least I've gone is six plus years. Fair to say I have a loving girlfriend. We will see if she sticks around :D

2bulls

FNG
I have a flexible work schedule and very understanding wife .when we first started dating i was a full time guide so anything less than that she is happy and my son is a outdoor nut so it helps a lot.

Pre-kids I averaged 30-40 days per year. Now, with 2 young kids, I've averaged about 20-25 days per year. Even that is a lot to ask of my wife, who also has a career. I'm lucky to have a very supportive wife, and family around that can help out while I am gone.
I look forward to when my kids get a little older, they can join me, and we can hunt more. Maybe even be able to talk my wife into joining us on a few trips.

OP
Northpark

Northpark

WKR
Damn, man. I envy your availability to hunt. How the heck do you get away to do it all?
Decent amount of time off with a somewhat flexible work schedule and a very patient wife, though I pushed a little harder this year with that NV deer tag because it was a like once in a lifetime tag. She has started asking how many of these “once in a lifetime” tags I’m getting.

Honestly though priorities. I don’t take time off or spend much money on things other than hunting and one family vacation per year.

I would say 15 days total on the average. Add another 5 for fishing maybe. My strategy is to focus on high % success opportunities to make the most use of my limited time. Hunting is cool and all but it is far from the most important thing.

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
Look friend, this is not about how much you hunt. Its about how high a priority she is in your life. Make her a priority with dates, giving her a couple air line tickets with a girl friend to FL in February and a couple home improvements each year and you'll be fine. If you neglect her, she will go after your hobby...this is really your wife asking for more of you.

BackCountryMulies

Lil-Rokslider
Im at 34 but its only march.

I try to get 100+ days logged, 2020 was exceptional "Thanks Covid :rolleyes:" I was lucky enough to hunt 166 days between upland and big game. my only stipulation with the boss is I find her a big deer and she gets fresh partridge once a week from sep-jan.

drmatara

FNG
2018 I think I was around 32 days including scouting and hunting. Starting to think I don’t hunt too much. But I actually fish a lot.

SippyCup

FNG
a whole bunch less since Ive become a father. Im planning on a 10 day trip to CO next year and midwest public land whitetail

Chasecm69

FNG
Havent hunted much last 8 years, since giving lease up, but before that 20 - 30 + days at the lease. Did alot more camping than hunting, the last few years we actually went.