How much do you all actually hunt?

Every weekend from Sept-Dec and a 2 weeks in the middle-one for ducks and another for something else fun.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Before grad school I was out there every weekend. Now that I'm in grad school I've only been out like 2-3 times. After I graduate this year I'm probably going to disappear into the woods for like a month

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
I go until I fill my tags for turkey/whitetail. Mostly private land so success rates are good, usually just a few weekend trips.

My dad and I also have a tradition of 1 hunting or fishing trip for a few days every year. Pheasant and King Ranch whitetail in the past, Alaska salmon/halibut 2019, NC offshore fishing last year, looking at a duck hunt or nilgai this year.

Batch

FNG
I think I am at about 45 days a year. Maybe a few more if my kid has a tag that I don't.

CBar

FNG
Similar to other posters who may hunt 2-3 hours in a day (and counting that as a hunting day) I'm at around 80-90 per year.
Fall Whitetail, Mulie, Elk, Antelope, Dusky Grouse, Turkey, Cottontails
Spring Turkey, Black Bear, Jackrabbits
Winter Coyote, Snowshoe Hare
Summer Gophers!

Approx 40 days actually hunting Rifle in hand. Probably another 20 hunting related days packing ,traveling , scouting ect.... back when I had a local lease in Florida I had many years of hunting pretty much every weekend from late October thru the end of April.

ChrisAU

WKR
Normal season:

4-5 afternoons in September Dove Hunting Locally
10 or So Days on Western Hunting Trip in Early October
All Day Every Weekend and 2-3+ Afternoons Each Week Hunting Whitetail and/or Ducks Locally Oct 15 - Feb 10
5-10 Dedicated Coyote Hunts Locally Feb 11 - Mar 19
All Day Every Weekend Mar 20 - Apr 30 Turkey Hunting Locally

So, I hunt a LOT, but all but one 10 day or so trip is local so I am home every night. And often in the middle of the day during deer season. And if the wife has an event or something she wants me to do, I do it.

About three months give or take. There's always a couple days a week off from hunting during this cycle.

Nathanial

FNG
Three weeks in Hungary for stag and boar most every year. Alaska, Africa, New Zealand or Russia every other year. Two elk trips a year, Colorado, Wyoming or Montana, same for deer. Late season Colorado cow elk, a family affair. Six to ten Pheasant and grouse hunts. Try to get in as many duck hunts as possible, South Dakota, Nebraska and Iowa. Coyotes in between

Ok so I won’t say I got into an argument with the wife but discussion was had about how much hunting I do. So I’m the last year I hunted Aoudad and javelina in west Texas for a week, spent 10 days in NV chasing mule deer, then 9 days in Colorado for elk and have been chasing coues deer for the last couple weeks here in AZ. The discussion was spurred by my plan to spend all day Saturday and Sunday in the wilderness chasing deer.

So how much do you all hunt?
As others have said, it may be best to invoke your constitutional right not to incriminate yourself!

Badland

FNG
Makes my head hurt trying to add it all up. Somewhere around 40-60 days depending what all we are counting as I bird hunt a lot most years. A lot of my time in the field is with my bird dogs. Though last year I took a multi-night trip that was pretty last minute and the wife and I had to have the old “you know what you signed up for” talk.. we literally had this talk like month 1 of dating. Went surprisingly well last fall, seems to be all about negotiating haha!

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
It depends on the year for me. But usually between 60-100 days a year.
January - archery deer, waterfowl and upland
Feb-March - coyote
April - turkey
May-Jul -not much. May get out for some coyote or rabbit
August - archery deer, bear
September - archery elk. for at least two weeks, sometimes the entire month
Oct - deer, elk, bear, upland
Nov - deer, elk, bear, upland
Dec - bear, upland, waterfowl

Pretty much have opportunity all year long. I'll throw in some hog hunting on occasion as well. Don't live close enough to good wild pig country to make it an annual trip yet.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Prior to kids it was more, but this is what I do now...
Spring 3-4 weekends for turkeys, usually only spend one weekend hunting all day. That includes the youth hunt taking out nieces/nephews.
10 days out west every fall.
Two long weekends to SD pheasant hunting every fall.
Every weekend 2-3 hours/day hunting pheasants from third weekend in October until the first weekend in January. Used to bowhunt whitetails like crazy, but it makes it easier on mama with pheasants since I'm only gone for a couple hours and I can plan it during nap times.

As much as possible. It does help that my wife grew up in a hunting family, and during the offseason I try to make sure that we go on a few trips together and do something for her often during the season.

August-Utah Deer
September- Idaho Elk, Utah Elk
October-Idaho Deer, South Dakota Deer
November- Whatever tags that I didn't fill that are still open

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t kept count of days, but like many I guess, I hunt for as long as it takes to get what you want on the ground. I see it the same as the money I spend on tags, travel, arrows, broadheads etc.....better off not counting!
But to answer the question, 2019 would have been 60+ while 2020 only allowed me about 10 days. Looking forward to bumping those numbers back up.

S7even

FNG
I hunt every day in September after work and all the weekends. Then I get out every weekend in October for deer hunting, along with some after work stuff too. Then shed hunting/wolf hunting. I'm probably at about 50-60 days not counting fishing and scouting. It's all local stuff though and the wife comes along as much as she can.

Feurhand

FNG
Not enough.
But I'm grateful I live near public land and can usually get a couple hours in after work during the season. Probably 3 weeks/year I'd say.