How much do you all actually hunt?

In total, I can spend about 15 days away from home between either a longer hunt or just random weekends.
I try and hunt close enough to home to where I can pig hunt for an evening and be home for supper and to put kids to bed.

been trying for years to get the wife into it so that I can spend more time out, but it’s not her thing. Hoping that once the kids get older I can take them along so mama isn’t upset I’m gone. Love her to death, but being at the house all the time drives me nuts

Walking W

FNG
I am amazed that so many actually keep track of the the days spent in the field! I don’t want to think about the stuff I have already done. I have a tough enough time on what’s next! Lol I am truly blessed with a wife that is good with the time I/we spend in the field.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Last year I spent a full week scouting deer, then two days more to check on one buck, then spent a full week hunting them. Then I took half a day for a local hunt with my Dad, then the next week did a 4.5 day elk hunt excursion with him in our stomping grounds growing up. Then I spent a week hunting with Ike and Guy for a friend's once in a lifetime type of hunt here in Wyoming. Then turned right around and rode in to a spot where we had dumped camp for my own elk hunt, weather ended up killing that hunt early though.

It was a lot, and I never left Wyoming. But that is about a home/away alternating weeks schedule.

I hunt or am outdoors 140 days a year. I hunted turkeys 45 days straight for a decade. Now i have kids and buisnesses that keep me to 2-3 days aweek.
I hunt deer about 60 days
The rest is dove, quail, squirrels and occasional hog

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure on a exact amount but a lot. I'm not taking any first period classes next year so I can hunt every morning and not have to make up all the class work I missed like I did this year. I do a ton of scouting and hunting. I'd say over or at least 250 days a year.

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
Here is the real question, how many days do you give back to your wife?

Can she run off for 7 to 15 days by herself ?

I try to do as much as I can for my wife and I probably give more time and attention to her than I actual do hunt. Last year, I hunted 0 days. I could have but she couldn't hunt so I opted out not to hunt out of respect for her. We split up our hunting days, I will hunt the mornings, come home and take over her role and she will hunt the afternoon and evenings.

Lately after having our 3rd child, she lacks the motivation to get out there, but she has gotten into the gym and started a work out and a diet and has found some good energy. Plus now she sleeps better at night.

I plan to hunt a lot more this year and she better kick herself out of bed if she wants to go.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
Here is the real question, how many days do you give back to your wife?

Can she run off for 7 to 15 days by herself ?

I try to do as much as I can for my wife and I probably give more time and attention to her than I actual do hunt. Last year, I hunted 0 days. I could have but she couldn't hunt so I opted out not to hunt out of respect for her. We split up our hunting days, I will hunt the mornings, come home and take over her role and she will hunt the afternoon and evenings.

Lately after having our 3rd child, she lacks the motivation to get out there, but she has gotten into the gym and started a work out and a diet and has found some good energy. Plus now she sleeps better at night.

I plan to hunt a lot more this year and she better kick herself out of bed if she wants to go.

If I told my wife I wasn't going on a hunt because she couldn't go or in general wasn't going to hunt a whole year because she couldn't, I honestly think she would file for divorce. At minimum she would tell everyone we know how about it and laugh at me.

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
If I told my wife I wasn't going on a hunt because she couldn't go or in general wasn't going to hunt a whole year because she couldn't, I honestly think she would file for divorce. At minimum she would tell everyone we know how about it and laugh at me.
Nothing wrong with that if you both agree but my wife has been the type that has been left out on a lot of things in life and I wouldn't dream of hurting her by leaving her out of the hunting adventure.
She loves the outdoors and loves to watch wildlife. I care about her mental well-being. And to yell you the truth she and our kids are my world and love her to much. I will sacrifice all I have and all I am for her.

Hard to say really... Small game and Dove open around 9/1. Deer season starts in Sep with my daughter's youth tags. Archery opener is 10/1. Pheasant opener is the last Sat. of October. First gun deer starts first Sat. of Dec. Second gun deer starts second Sat. of Dec. Muzzleloader deer starts right after second gun. Most seasons close in January with exception of cottontails. Turkey starts in April.

Amongst all of this, I took 2 weeks to go to MT last Sep.

Coyote hunting is all year.

Oh yeah, fishing season is all year. But fortunately my wife loves to fish and gets in on most of that action during the spring and summer.

We hunt and fish a lot.

*Edit- my wife and I visit the great state of CO 2x per year for a long weekend to get away from it all- 2 busy teenage girls, 4 dogs, and 14 acres. This gives us a lot of windshield time to reconnect and be a couple again.

43 days hunting elk, 14 days hunting geese, 30-40 days cutting trails and preparing for hunting. Then there is horse work.

I’d say all combined around 100 days. Some years more some less. Just depends on what life has in store that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rifle season for deer here is 44 days. I hunted 22 of those. Would love to get back to ML and bow hunting but right now just don't have the time.

HunterCL

FNG
30 days whitetail- bow, shotgun, ML
15 days bunny/pheasant
10 days coyote
30 days fishing freshwater

JasonWi

WKR
It really depends on the year and or hunts that I have planned. As I've gotten older it's far less trips. I'm to the point I'd rather have two or three great hunts than multiple so-so ones. So I only plan my trips with that mindset.

Last year was 17 or 18 days bowhunting elk, then another 6 days ML hunting blacktail deer. I have no idea if you combine the scouting days, fishing days into that?

This fall I currently have the first five days off of archery elk season and will add more once I see draw results. November 5th-20th I'm off for Iowa WT and Oregon BT

Sapcut

WKR
For years, I have threatened to log a season to keep a bit of history of my hunts. I finally did it via my Notes app. The 2019-20 season I had 128 sits deer hunting. The next two seasons I only logged the deer kill days. I also hunt pigs another 25ish days a year and try to get in 7 days for elk when possible.