How much do you spend on tags?

I'm not sure exactly and I'd rather not know to be honest. Kids are fed retirement and college saved for all bills paid and I can live with these holes in my shoes.

slick

WKR
One million dollars.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opah

WKR
I most likely will be eating 150 dollar bowl of tag soup this year. All my doing just didn't get out to Hunt, I have two more weeks that I can Change the menu if I get motivated. Work and Family have been priority But early mornings can happen.

KineKilla

WKR
I spend nearly $300 just on app fees and required licenses as a resident here in UT. If I draw that's a whole other expense.

I will be putting in for hunts in other states this year for the first time. It will get very expensive, very quick.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
Between applications (points only included) and tags I plan to spend between $2800-3000 per year. That number changes on what tags I draw or don't obviously. That is usually planned to split roughly 50/50 between tags and apps. I keep track of everything in a huge spreadsheet. That is 11 states and about 50 individual species applications. The non-refundable licenses are what really add up ($675 per year if I go to Kansas, $578 if I don't).

2017 - $2210 (NM Elk, AZ Coues)
2018 - $2702 (CO Muley, CO Pronghorn, NM Pronghorn, WY Pronghorn)
2019 - $2236 (WY Elk, CO Bear, NM Coues)
2020 - $2327 (UT doe pronghorn, NM Muley, AZ Elk)
2021 - $2854 (Planned, w/4 tags)

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
Somewhere between $150-250. That includes sheep and moose preference points and small game/bird license.

OP
PVS31sInTheDark
I used to chase points and tags in 8 states and would spend close to $5k between licenses, application fees, preference points, and a couple of non-resident and resident tags every year. Then I realized I would be happier retiring earlier to enjoy more time-off hunting cheaper tags in my own state, tag along on hunting buddies tags as a helper, and a pick-up few cheap doe tags in neighboring states. I'm down to $500 this year, but to each their own.
I want to hunt my home state (Colorado) hard each year to save money. I think I want to pick three non resident states to apply for preference points. Need to decide which species for which state. The end game is save enough preference points for my first choice and then be done with out of state. Unless there is OTC tags or a friend that has a draw tag and needs help.

OP
PVS31sInTheDark
AZ- NR OTC deer tag, license and elk app and point is roughly 500$
MT - Resident elk, deer, antelope, bear, 4 Turkey tags, upland and waterfowl, maybe a cow elk or doe tags is roughly 150$
WY - Deer and elk points, app fees, 110$, if drawn for deer, 500$
NV - App for deer, 15$, if drawn I think it's around 400-450$.

So fixed cost of around 800$, variable up to about 1600-1700$.
That’s not too bad. Sounds like a really good investment to me. Some of those OTC tags really add up.

OP
PVS31sInTheDark
I spend nearly $300 just on app fees and required licenses as a resident here in UT. If I draw that's a whole other expense.

I will be putting in for hunts in other states this year for the first time. It will get very expensive, very quick.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
I am in the same situation but for Colorado. I’m going to pick the states that aren’t total bull shit when it comes to licenses, fees, etc. I want to invest in hunting but there is a difference between reasonable and total bull shit.

Sadler

WKR
I have to be pushing a little over 3k between idaho elk and deer, Montana’s big game combo and then deer, elk, antelope and sheep points in all the other western states

OP
PVS31sInTheDark
I'm not sure exactly and I'd rather not know to be honest. Kids are fed retirement and college saved for all bills paid and I can live with these holes in my shoes.
That’s good sir. I have to be careful because I’m young, no kids and still working on saving for retirement.
Still want to invest in some preference points and go on a few awesome out of state hunts.

OP
PVS31sInTheDark
I have to be pushing a little over 3k between idaho elk and deer, Montana’s big game combo and then deer, elk, antelope and sheep points in all the other western states
I’ll probably look into some antelope in Wyoming. Whitetail is going to be on my list too.

Felix40

WKR
I spent about $1700 this year. That’s way more than I can afford. I already decided I’m not going out of state next year.

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
If I ventured to guess, somewhere between 700 and 1000, between here and New Mexico.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Between 2 and 3k depending on the year. I had licenses and tags in WA, ID, MT, WY, and AZ this year. I think that put me closer to three

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord