How much do you spend on tags?

It really depends on the year. We can get tags for up to 15 species in BC but are limited to one elk and one sheep per year, despite having two elk and three sheep species. For around $350 I usually buy multiple deer and black bear tags, sheep, moose, elk, caribou, cougar, lynx, bobcat tags plus the general hunting license that includes small game and birds.

LEH applications run about $6 per species and I end up applying for bison, Dall sheep, Bighorns, goats, moose and Roosevelt elk. All but bison, Dall and Roosevelt’s can be hunted in over the counter units but the LEH units are good.

I generally hunt deer in AZ, and something out of province in Northern Canada. Tags are pricey with $400 to a $1,000 per species spent on 2 or 3 per year.

We usually birdhunt a couple western states each fall too...$300 - $400.

I don’t apply for any NR LEH hunts anymore. I have enough hunting here without drawing anymore tags.

I average about $2500 spent on tags annually adding the above figures up. Money well spent.

OP
PVS31sInTheDark
It really depends on the year. We can get tags for up to 15 species in BC but are limited to one elk and one sheep per year, despite having two elk and three sheep species. For around $350 I usually buy multiple deer and black bear tags, sheep, moose, elk, caribou, cougar, lynx, bobcat tags plus the general hunting license that includes small game and birds.

LEH applications run about $6 per species and I end up applying for bison, Dall sheep, Bighorns, goats, moose and Roosevelt elk. All but bison, Dall and Roosevelt’s can be hunted in over the counter units but the LEH units are good.

I generally hunt deer in AZ, and something out of province in Northern Canada. Tags are pricey with $400 to a $1,000 per species spent on 2 or 3 per year.

We usually birdhunt a couple western states each fall too...$300 - $400.

I don’t apply for any NR LEH hunts anymore. I have enough hunting here without drawing anymore tags.

I average about $2500 spent on tags annually adding the above figures up. Money well spent.
Sounds like it. I’ll have to look into hunting BC for non citizens/ residents.

wweaver

FNG
The real number or what my wife thinks I spend. Reality. 3k give or take, she thinks “around a grand”. I do just about all in on nine states. thought i had couple Bonus pt tags for sure but got point creeped out. I drew two randoms - Wy for deer in a max pt unit and NM for rifle pronghorn and had a great season, if I did not shotgun it all out there for good hunts would have been a bust.

Rich M

WKR
I have a CO point at 120, a GA license at 360, and WY points at 75.

Spent about $3K on license, lease, 3 long weekends hunting in GA last year. About fell over when I figured it out. Last year was not worth $3K with the lease owner's kid running amuck - plus i missed a buck cause he spun my stand around and gave a a 2x2 to shoot off of. Calling it quits.

Trying to decide CO muleys or WY antelope for 2022. Will have to see what 3 points can getcha in WY.

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
NR MT combo - 1067
NR MT Elk B - 275
(4) NR MT Antelope + B tags - 800
(2) NR AK Black Bear - 900
(2) NR AK Grizzly - 2000
Boy, do i need the growth stock sector to recover! I afford my habit with earnings on play money in the market. BitCoin and Etherium are my go to for this year.

Non-refundable Western points I roughly spend- WY- 120$, AZ- 180$'s, CO- 140$'s
Elk tag every year- 6-800$
SD pheasant and ducks every year- 200$'s
WI in-state hunting- 150$'s or so

So in the ballpark of 1500-2000 depending on the year.
What part of wisco are you in, we have very similar tag expenses

One state, less than a $100. Just getting into hunting more now, so I'm sure that will climb soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

on points and lottery draws probably around $1200 this year if i draw everything i statisticaly should ill spend around $3000 on just tags

I just spent about $280 CAN ($224 US with present exchange) for a BC general hunting license, plus tags for sheep, moose, elk, caribou, cougar ,lynx, wolverine, bobcat and mule deer, plus two tags for whitetails and two for black bears. 3 wolves are included plus small game. birds (including turkey) and varmints. I skipped buying a goat tag and bison tag. Heck of a deal if you ask me.

I'll go archery Coues deer hunting in AZ next winter assuming the border opens....the license and deer tag will cost me about $460 US unless the price has gone up. Great winter hunt!

I have a couple caribou hunts planned for Nunavut and NWT this fall that were postponed in '20. If the territory borders open the tags cost will cost about $1,000 combined and I'm happy to pay it!

dtrkyman

WKR
If I added it up I would probably have to change my hunting habits, so no idea and i prefer it that way!

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is mind boggling to me!
I've never hunted anywhere but Alaska. I didn't know many people regularly spent like you all do.
I spent $90 on draw tags last year (6 tries each at 3 different hunts). I got none of them, so I'm just going to hunt OTC for free. Several of my friends think I spent WAY too much on tags.

HNTR918

WKR
AK
WY
AZ
NM
CO
MT
ID
TX
WI

2X for my wife and I.

$2,000-3,000 app fees, licenses, & preference points.
~$13,000-$22,000 on the CC's.

Depending on the year, $1,200 - $14,000 per year in tag costs.