How much does the Ethics Outsert Sleeve cover the arrow shaft (with insert already installed)?

I’ve been scouring the internet, researching the Ethics Insert/Outsert system for .204 arrows to possibly have installed on Apollo arrows.

I’ve been unsuccessful trying to figure out the length of the outsert sleeve or rather how much the sleeve/footer/outsert actually covers the arrow shaft.

Judging by pics, the sleeves look longer than the Iron Will collars which are 1 inch in length.

I just don’t want the Ethics sleeve contacting my rest because I’m OCD about the little things.

Does anyone know how much of the the sleeve covers the arrow shaft? An actual length of the sleeve would be helpful too.

Thank you.

I just measured a .204 adjustable outsert system. It comes back over the arrow a 1/2" adds 1" to the front of the carbon.

20220213_200000.jpg

20220213_200013.jpg

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but that's all I can help you with.

OP
S
Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
With a grain of salt, but maybe enough reason to call them to confirm...
Pierce arrows, she shoots a 400 I shoot a 250, so not the same spine and not the same arrow you asked about.
PXL_20220214_020302007.jpg

My .204 post/inserts are different than Billy Goats. The depth of the sleeve is about 15/16”. The end of my post is about 1/8”. So these have about 13/16” of actual shaft coverage. These are in grizzlystik 240s so this is a .204/.295 post/sleeve combo E3DA8096-AC97-46CC-BAD9-6126AAC02CFC.jpegD7F22201-DF2B-4786-B9A4-8AFCAF8770C7.jpeg

It depends if it is the AL sleeve or steel sleeve too. I believe the steel sleeve is shorter than the AL one.

You are correct on this. I just installed the ethics AL collar/AL insert and the collar covers the shaft by about 1"

Bluto

WKR
My .204 post/inserts are different than Billy Goats. The depth of the sleeve is about 15/16”. The end of my post is about 1/8”. So these have about 13/16” of actual shaft coverage. These are in grizzlystik 240s so this is a .204/.295 post/sleeve combo View attachment 380709View attachment 380710

Yep, revived. This is driving me absolutely bonkers.

Compare this photo from @MightyWhitey with the “same” component - at least by name - from ethics with @Billy Goat photo above. The end of the outsert/half out/insert/whatever you call it is not even close to the same.

AE23AFFB-22CC-4E27-AA75-79E4196C1B25.jpeg

Where do I get the one that looks to be almost 1/2” versus the one that seems almost flush or maybe 1/16”? And what are they called?

If I remembered correctly, and that’s a big if, the inserts in my picture are a newer version. As in within the last couple years.

Best to call and speak to someone at ethics and make sure they’re sending what you want. They’re easy folks to work with.

Bluto

WKR
That sounds correct. At least that’s the only “outsert” on the website. What I really don’t get is the difference in your outsert/collar and the HIT with collar. Just the little 1/16” protrusion on the end? Seems like the same thing. But maybe I’m missing something.

I emailed ethics a while back asking the question about the Sirius product they sell (only fits Sirius shafts) and the current outsert, but never heard back. I think I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get it figured out.

Thanks!

Yep, revived. This is driving me absolutely bonkers.

Compare this photo from @MightyWhitey with the “same” component - at least by name - from ethics with @Billy Goat photo above. The end of the outsert/half out/insert/whatever you call it is not even close to the same.

View attachment 427238

Where do I get the one that looks to be almost 1/2” versus the one that seems almost flush or maybe 1/16”? And what are they called?

I think it depends on which weight range insert you get. The heavier range is what I had, that's why it extended further.

Might be a difference of SS versus aluminum insert to, also a weight difference. I'm not familiar enough with their product line.

If you notice the bag, it's an adjustable outsert, 300-400. I think they make one more like 50-200, likely the shorter snout.

Yeah it can be the shits. Even getting on the same page with the terminology can be difficult from one company to the next.

Mine are adjustable stainless also. But billygoat may be right about weight range being the difference.

I personally don’t want anything sticking out past the shaft any farther than it has to so I’ve since gone to an ethics adjustable HIT and I put the collars in my lathe and faced the thick end off until I only had about .100 off the end of the carbon. Making them more like the iron will collars.

But good luck, I’ve been there. once you get on the phone with them and get squared away on what’s what things will go a lot smoother.
And everybody should own a lathe…

Bluto

WKR
If I buy one more tool on this arrow building excursion I’m gonna be building arrows in a van down by the river.

Thanks for the words, fellas. I’m thinking about just ordering the HITs with collars to test out and see what I like. I just ordered a half dozen RIP TKO’s from Lancaster (they’re the only place that’ll sell less than a dozen) so this is purely an experiment. So far.