How much does your pack weigh?

WKR

WKR
Fully loaded with rifle or bow, food, camp and everything included how much does your pack weigh on the way in?

You talking solo trip or splitting some items between a buddy and yourself? I can be 22-24 lbs for an overnight trip if I’m splitting a shelter and cook stove with a partner. Add food on that, say 10lbs for 5-6 days and whatever your weapon weighs.

I’d say on a solo trip I would be closer to 50 total, including the weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
45 depending on water.

That's in Sept with a bow.

Oct with rifle is probably 55 o 60 with optics, tripod, clothing and ammo

Reactions: WKR
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
You talking solo trip or splitting some items between a buddy and yourself? I can be 22-24 lbs for an overnight trip if I’m splitting a shelter and cook stove with a partner. Add food on that, say 10lbs for 5-6 days and whatever your weapon weighs.

I’d say on a solo trip I would be closer to 50 total, including the weapon.

I'm talking solo, with just drinking water for the hike in.

Solo 5-6 days I’d hit somewhere in the 45-50lb ballpark before water. I don’t count the water because it’s very conditional on the hunt location and starting temps. I will carry variably between 3 and 7 liters.

I usually just tarp it and don’t carry optics. Or rain gear.

TravisIN

WKR
I weighed my pack with all my gear at 35 the other day. I didn’t have food which for me is a little over 2 lbs a day so we willsay another 15 for 7 days. 3 liters of water weigh 6.5ish. And I think my bow is almost 8. So 65ish for 7 nights
That’s with spotter/Tripod and some luxuries

I don't bring extra stuff. After you go out for a couple of years you realize you don't need much. I'm right at 19to 20 lb with out food or rifle. I'm also running synthetic puffy and sleeping bag otherwise I could even cut a couple of more pounds

tdot

WKR
I'm 50 - 55 pounds from skin out, for 7 days.

This is absolutely everything, except water, from my boots to my hat, heavy optics, bino harness, 8lb rifle + ammo, food and gear.

I found that it's easy to optimize your pack by leaving unnecessary items, this is also the cheapest. I found the 2nd cheapest method was to weigh all of the options that I currently own and then as long as each option fit my requirements, I allow weight to be a deciding factor. I cut out pounds from my pack, just by taking lighter clothing and gear that I already had.

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
First timer last year, packed 5 days of food, 4 liters of water, was at 47 pounds with bow in hand. So 53 pounds with bow on pack but I carried my bow all the time.

That was with no extra clothing aside from 1 pair of socks and a rain jacket, running a 4lb synthetic bag and a 2lb two man tent. Also not counting the clothing on my back, boots or bino harness and gear.

This year, I'm running a sub 2lb down bag, but I'm adding a mirrorless-camera and associated gear. Also replaced the 2lb two man tent with a 5lb four man tent for my dad and I. So I'll probably be closer to 60 pounds but we will see what my dad's pack weighs and will try to shed a bit of weight on him. I imagine I'll still be 60ish and he should be 40ish.

Haven't ironed all that out yet.

Mjprohoroff

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 38# with food for 5 days and 1 1/2 lt of water. That doesn’t include my bow (I carry that) and my bino pack and clothes worn in. That includes my REI flexlite air chair which I’m willing to pack the extra pound for.

If I'm not humping in a few gallons of agua, I've been as low as 48#. Although more likely to be between 55 and 60.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
FSO (from skin out) I'm at 54 lb for a six day goat hunt in August. The wet climate of southeast AK and chilly nights accounts for about 4 lb of rain gear and layers. This includes water.