How much hunting does your wife let you get by with?

BFR

WKR
Only get to go when season is open and I have a tag, then she usually goes along as chief cook and bottlewasher and stuff. Oh yeah, she hunts too so she usually has a tag too so there is that.

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
It depends on your wife man. I have an 8 month old now and this year I’ve only been gone for 4 weeks including scouting and have one more week to go. I can also do later season deer hunts if I really wanted to. I was with my wife for ten years before we got married. She knows the deal. Years past were 40-50 nights away. I don’t like to be gone for more than a week and a half at a time though. Any more than that and I can tell it’s harder on her

It's a touchy subject and totally depends on what it is. Waterfowl hunts with her father, who introduced me to it? Infinite! It's sort of like how Arnold explains getting away with smoking cigars in the house... his wife's father introduced him to it, so it's okay!

Deer camp up north at the buddy's cabin for a week of playing cards and hunting? Well typically 4 days is a stretch..

I hunted any chance I could during the season in Maine this year. My wife was totally fine with it, even with a 10 month old at home. She knows it’s my favorite time of the year. Probably 100-120 hours out over 4 weeks

rodney482

WKR
I do 3-4 out of state hunts every year
I do multiple trips to Lk Erie to Walleye fish

Hunt Turkey/Deer here at home (deer I go pretty hard for 3 weeks)

Pdzoller

WKR
My wife is my favorite hunting partner and enjoys hunting as much as I do. She also enjoys some solitude of her own so we have no issues. She is tough and more capable than most anyone I’ve met when it comes to the woods. We push each other to hunt harder, longer and better than we ever could do alone. She is way better at spotting animals than I am too. We each bring something to the table that compliments the other.

Reactions: .22

StuckoYota99

Lil-Rokslider
My wife encourages me to hunt and scout as much as possible because she understands how much I enjoy it and that it contributes to our family. She also hunts with me as much as possible but also knows that it's my alone time where I unplug.

Muskykris

Lil-Rokslider
Away for

Archery moose 17 days
Rifle deer with dogs, two stints equaling
10 days
Muzzleloader 5 days
And probably 5-8 days a year archery deer around home

Usually by December she’s had enough of the kids and dogs lol

Raghornjp

FNG
So how much time can you get out hunting before your wife/husband/whatever starts to put their foot down? Scenario: I was able to head out to Montana for 11 days, I'd originally planned for 2 weeks but decided to leave on a Monday and get back on a Friday so I only missed one weekend with the family, it was also my sons first day of school so I stayed to see him off. Everything worked out great, made it home, no issues, now I'm treading lightly and trying to get a read on if I dare push it for 5-6 days of rifle elk in October, or if I stick to hunting white tails on the weekends with a few odd days off and take 5-6 days for Mule deer in Mid November. I can't complain, my Spidey senses are telling my rifle elk might put a strain on things, but I know she'll be cool with my other shenanigans (relatively speaking). So I guess what I'm saying is I seem to be able to push one longer trip, one 5-6 day trip and a bunch of at home hunting before I end up in the dog house (On a busy year when I can pull the tags) How much can you get out and how do you keep the home fires burning? I'm sure a week somewhere warm is going to be on the docket this winter, and it looks like a craft show and a bunch of stuff around the house are in my future tomorrow, once I build some equity back up I'll be hitting the woods to check cameras.

Blessed to have the opportunity to hunt and fish pretty much any time I get ready for as long as I want

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have a wife but I've got a wonderful long term, live in girlfriend.
I easily get away with at least 9 days of chasing turkeys in the spring. She's accompanied me on one elk hunt that was 7 days last year, and she liked it enough that we're doing it again this year. Then since I'm from Missouri, I get away with at least two weeks of whitetail hunting that is typically 2-4 deer in my home state and usually a 4-5 day out of state trip to a neighboring state. I am beyond blessed and I'm living in the good ole days. Not to mention that she loves to get out with me and kayak fish in the numerous lakes and rivers that are in our area. She's so great that she has gone all in with me in terms of hunting and fishing for all our food, growing the majority of our veggies and embracing producing almost all our food on our own. Next step is chickens! She even learned canning just to help in the preservation process and has been super successful at making our own stocks and canned veggies. I'm a lucky dude. All I gotta do on my end is bring the meat home and butcher it and she's a happy camper.

Wildone

FNG
32 years ago I had a polite conversation about my hunting and fishing. It went something like this, You’re a big girl with your own money I am not going to tell you what or where to spend it on. You come and go as you please because I am not god. My hunting and fishing were here before you and will be here forever. You have a choice to either get used to it or not I’m fine with whatever you decide. I put my boots on every morning , go to work and then come home every night. When it’s time to hunt or fish I’ll bring meat home. I guess she was ok with it and so was I. She told me she was going to Nashville with her sister for a week I told here I was going moose hunting in Alaska for 17 days alone and I’ll see ya when I get back. It’s all good.

Gmoney24

FNG
I'm still young but my girlfriend hunts with me and doesn't complain much when she isn't lol

Blandry

WKR
Men have said for years 'I'm going hunting' and go spend days with their mistresses. The only thing I can say to that, if you're that easily fooled.. maybe you should find a good guy who plays video games all day and never leaves the house :)

Bucsfan69

FNG
40-50 days for the archery/rifle/ muzzloader combined…. I really think she WANTS me out of the house. Ha