How Much PTO Do You Have?

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I logged onto work this morning and I had received an email stating that I had maxed my PTO out and I couldnt help but to think of the elk I will hopefully be chasing with some of those days Lord willing. Then I though to myself what does everyone carry on a typical year? For me its 6.2 weeks before I start loosing the benefit, on a normal year it usually looks more like 4 weeks, I just havent been able to take many days off in the last year and a half due to the onslought of work.

cusecat04

FNG
Accrue 6 weeks through the year, usually get an email end of August stating I have a bunch built up, no problems using it in the fall months.
Our company has changed their policy on how much you can roll, how much they pay out, etc....

I can carry over 240 hours at the end of the year. I just 244 I think. I have 1000 sick hours accumulated and will continue to let that grow as it’s more of an insurance than it is time off. Any and all OT worked is complete time and allows me several more weeks off. Currently earn 12 hours vacation a month and 8 hours sick.

I technically have like 25 days, but the company doesn’t track it. Get your work done and take whatever time off you want. That is how it is managed. I normally take close to 30 days a year

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I started with 16 days and rolled 4 over so 20 days for 2022. No requirements for sick or personal and I got 5 paternity days this year as well. I'm also salary so not sure how that would all translate to an hourly employee.

3 weeks a year and can only roll 50% over. Never have rolled more than a couple days though.

Don’t even remember how many sick days but it’s a lot and they don’t roll over. Only been truly sick one day in the last five years so you bet I take sick days to go hunting! Usually just for local duck trips though. Or pow days at the mountain.

4 weeks, but can't accrue it. Have to use it all during the year. I also get 7 paid sick days, but might use 2 a year. 11 paid holidays I believe. Some employees can float their holidays but since I work in a plant I have to take mine when the plant is scheduled to, even though I am an admin guy.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
Reading though is making me think about some career changes lol

I have 3.5 weeks vacation
5 sick days
5 personal days, which are discretionary depending on who my supervisor is at that time

Netherman

WKR
Not enough. I get 3.5 weeks, can and do buy a week (cost is a weeks pay), then we get 5 sick days and 5 personal days that I'm just hearing about now 10 years in.

Working on retiring early and getting to the same 365 days bohntr has.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I get 27 days or 216 hours per year. Since I'm salary, any weekend days that I work are one for one comp as well. I max out at 40.5 days or 324 hours PTO. After that, I stop accruing.

Our holiday time is 12 days off per year and doesn't go into a bank.

Salary, 3 weeks PTO, sick days are as needed. Get some bonus time off around the holidays between Xmas and New Years. Not bad but not anywhere near enough for me.