How Much PTO Do You Have?

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
I negotiated for 2 weeks off my 1st year. 3 weeks a year after my anniversary. Max of 4 weeks after 11 years of employment. (Project Manager- Commercial doors, frames and hardware)

I would really like 5-6 weeks off a year since I work a fair amount of OT every week.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Unlimited, but I told my manager I'll treat it like 4-5 weeks/year and that seems to be working out. Apparently they start asking questions when you get to 7-8 weeks.

Earn 24 days/year personal leave. Jumped from 21 days to 24 after 8 years of service. 9 days of sick leave (it drops as personal goes up).

Works out pretty good as I can burn 2 weeks to turkey Hunt and then 2 weeks to head out west during the fall. And still have some days leftover.

Think I got about 40 days personal banked too after 9 years service.. Never burned a sick day so a bunch there.

I'm a public lands biologist for the state of MS. Pay ain't the best but low cost of living, flexible schedule, and plenty of leave will keep me here!

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
When I was working in public accounting I'd end up with 10-12 weeks a year. Usually too busy to use it all though.

Work in commercial real estate development now and don't have set PTO. Figure my boss would get a little bit pissy if I'm gone more than 10-14 days at one time 1x time/year or 5 weeks cumulative. He's more of a long weekend type of guy.

JD Jones

WKR
10 weeks max bank; earn 4 weeks a year and some sick days. Two weeks go to hunting 1 week to vacation with fam and the all the big holidays off.

I also don’t work fridays and I’m remote so we can turn a 3 day weekend into a 4-5 day family trip pretty easy

I like to carry 5-6 weeks into each year but it fluctuates

Also comp any overtime Max 80 hrs

Started a new job in june, Aug 1st i get 10 days then January 1st i can build 5 more days. But i turned in time for a couple Thursday Fridays off (office is only open a half day on friday) boss told me to just go and make sure all my work was caught up and done before i left and not to "loose" my vacation, save it to take a week off.

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
Heading into 1L. No P and no TO. Might get some P in year 2&3 but no TO for 3 more years. Just finished college. Fall is always busy. I miss working construction full time and being able to schedule time off.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I work for the VA system. Federal benefits are nice. 26 days off / 13 sick days, and then 11 paid federal holidays. I can roll over any unused vacation and sick time to a max of 680 hours I believe. It’s a great work/life balance .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTChurch

FNG
Well, I logged onto work this morning and I had received an email stating that I had maxed my PTO out and I couldnt help but to think of the elk I will hopefully be chasing with some of those days Lord willing. Then I though to myself what does everyone carry on a typical year? For me its 6.2 weeks before I start loosing the benefit, on a normal year it usually looks more like 4 weeks, I just havent been able to take many days off in the last year and a half due to the onslought of work.
I’m semi retired wiring part time So fortunately I can hunt as much as I want.

Kwa_bena

FNG
I’m planning to quit my job to perfect my hunting craft because of the lack of PTO in my industry. I know many people in my club feels is about to do the same

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
I wish y’all could’ve put what your jobs were or at least what field they were in so I could be sending in some resumes.
I was thinking the same thing.... Anybody work in design service industry or do mission critical work?

I max at 30 days of paid time and am approaching that within 2 years.

I get 70 days off a year in 10 day blocks which is 14 shift days off. 10 years as a Firefighter. We get six 24 hour sick days as well and max out around 1000 hours. I usually take half of September off plus 3rd rifle.

Last year I got 6 weeks off paternity leave which gave me the whole month of September. Luckily my wife is appreciative of a full freezer and basically let me hunt the entire month.

Last edited:

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
Also a retired guy, chase gobblers in April and May. Chase sharks in the surf from June to Aug, and chase elk from Sept to Oct.
Sounds like you could pick up a waterfowl habit to fill the gap. You'd still have February and March to maintain your truck and your marriage.

bgipson

FNG
Can carry nearly 200 hours but only accrue 8 hours a month until I hit 10 years in 2 years, then I'll get 12 a month. I work 12's though so I already alternate 3 and 4 day weekends and have 8 hours of comp to burn every month. Depending on the mood of the department, sometimes I can roll the comp over and it becomes 12 in the bank. Take 3 days off and I've got 10 days without work so I realistically have around 6 weeks of vacation plus the rest of the year is still 3 and 4 day weekends.

We're almost always hiring if anyone is looking for employment in Wyoming.

z987k

WKR
30 days now, goes to 40 in a few years. Must be taken in 10 day chunks minimum. I only work 12-15 days a month so I can take a couple months off if I want.
Also have 24 personal/sick days a year.