How Much PTO Do You Have?

Wow - i need to explore new job options. We have "unlimited" pto, but taking greater than 20 days is seriously frowned upon :(

Fortunately i do get to spend most of those days hunting!

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Reading through a couple pages of this reminds me I'm very fortunate at my age.

I basically have no limit on vacation. The owner and vp of the company are not going to care that I'm gone for 3 weeks in September. They dont care what time I get here or leave when I want or need to do stuff. It doesn't matter if I want to go do something on a Friday and take a 3 day weekend just because.

So long as my work is handled and no one has to hear about it from my customers, I'm good.

The only caveat is that when I'm not at work, I still have to worry about work sometimes. Thankfully, that can be as simple as responding to some text and emails and requesting our office to do handle something for me in my absence.

Mcolson

FNG
2 wks vacation plus 13 holidays.
We also get our choice of paid or comp for overtime. We max at 120 hours comp but as long as we use some we can gain it all back whenever.

Zero for me. Such is the life of a self employed contractor. But if I have work scheduled for my guys and my subs I still make a little money while I’m out hunting.

robescc

FNG
I get four weeks of PTO a year and not allowed to bank it. I use two weeks for family vacation and two weeks for hunting.

I started a new job this year, 4 weeks of PTO per year but with my start date and using 3 days for a family trip this summer I’ll only have a little less than 2 weeks for hunting season this year. Luckily I only actually have to report to work 2 days a week but I’m technically on call the other 3

iShoot17

FNG
I get 160hrs of vacation, but we work a 9/80 schedule (80 hours over 9 days). That means we get every other Friday off, which is definitely a nice.

Some other folks get 240, but have significantly more time with the company.

fatlander

WKR
If you’ve amassed that much leave, from not using it, is it really PTO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYFarmer

FNG
3 weeks which definitely isn't enough in my opinion for hunting and the occasional vacation.

BFR

WKR
Keep telling the wife I’m tired from working too much, she just says “quit whining, you’re retired, honey do’s don’t count as a job” Jeez, no sympathy from that woman.

2gawddsm

FNG
Up to 4 weeks a year here, if you don't use it by Dec 31 you lose it. Forces people to take time away from work this way.

Twodog

FNG
I'm sitting on around 500 hours. I can carry 435 hours of vacation and 100 hours of Comp Time. My comp time max accrual is going to increase to 240 hours.

Hnthrdr

WKR
320 Vacation hours plus Comp/Earned Holiday time that is discretionary.

I earn 6 hours of "Sick" time every 2 weeks. Not that I'd ever use "Sick" time to go hunting......
Think of your mental health man… mental health benefits that come from going out into the woods cannot be understated ;)

shagles

FNG
I accrue 10 days over the year, can roll 5 if i don't use them (never happens) and 3 sick days. Just rolled over 5 years and won't get an additional 5 days until I hit 7 years. Our policy is pretty terrible.

roymunson

WKR
some of ya have darn good setups!

I'm self employed, so if I set the table for the guys, I can go. But 6 and 8 weeks is a lot of time off. That's 2 months! Not a bad gig at all

2rocky

WKR
The company I work for has the policy of :
1 week after 1 year (40 hours)
2 weeks after 2 years (80 hours)
3 weeks after 10 years (120 hours)
4 weeks after 15 years (160 hours)

I have no idea how many sick days I have or I've accumulated. I know going into last year I had some unused PTO that I found and used. I also average an equivalent of 22 extra days of work with the Saturdays I put in. But I also might take off early a few days a year too....Especially if I have to travel to an industry event.

This year I used 8 days for 2 different group Horseback Trail rides, 4 days for a Fishing trip to Manitoba, 6 days for an elk hunt. I'll use a couple days after Christmas.