How much time do you devote to hunting?

stdeb11

FNG
I probably spend 20-40 days hunting a year. I think about it every day. My goal for this year is to do something each day that makes me better in the field (workout, research, tweak gear, shoot, etc). I spend a good amount of time researching in the off-season for next year and try to get two scouting trips in during the summer.

Jwilson

FNG
Depends on who you ask? my wife says “going hunting again? You just went last week” lol

GreenOne

FNG
I know I am late to the thread and I am not going to read through to see if I could just quote someone but my answer depends on your definition. If cruising this site for info on new gear and new hunting areas and techniques as well as sharing stories I would say 11 out of 12 months is spent on hunting every year. Once you get into this sport it become an addiction. I get multiple Christmases a year because I get that giddy kid at Christmas feeling every time the draw results for different states comes out. Granted my giddiness is met with disappointment more often than excitement but that feeling remains.

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Probably every day of the year I'm doing something hunting related. My future wife knows once it's hunting season that's my main priority because the rest of the year I work and play family man, plus she hunts abd fishes too. I've missed weddings, funerals and other important events. I also got rid of the first wife who was a non hunter/fishing modern day hippie.