How much to air freight your mounts home from New Zealand?

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
I received a quote to have some mounts air freighted from New Zealand to Montana and the the new post Covid rates quoted almost gave me a heart attack. It doesn’t seem like the rates will decrease any time in the near future so I think I’m stuck.

So I’m posing the question, how much was it to air freight your mounts home in the last two years?

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
I don't there there has been any international travel to nz in the last 2 years :( they just reopened the boarder to Americans not long ago

OP
Cliffy65

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
I don't there there has been any international travel to nz in the last 2 years :( they just reopened the boarder to Americans not long ago
Yeah, I took them in 2019 and should’ve had them mounted over here. I held off on the shipping waiting for rates to go down but can’t hold off any longer. Just seeing if anyone else was in the same boat and shipped recently.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
Ah. We were there in March of 20 but didn't do any hunting . Some day I will get to hunt there

OP
Cliffy65

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Beautiful country, awesome hunting and top genetics. Book it in buddy!

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Thread drift I know but......I was in South Africa a year ago. Took cape buffalo and zebra, that's it. Trying to keep cost down and save space, I'm doing a euro on the buff and rug for the pony. So not a big crate at all.
A broker/shipper recommended to me quoted me a price of $2300 over 18 months ago. Well the stuff is now on its way to AZ to the tune of $4600. They claim fuel prices etc, I think they're all pretty crooked.

OP
Cliffy65

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Oh wow, I thought the cost had come down in the past 18 months?!?