How much to bring?

LandYacht

WKR
I thought I was savage with just an extra pair of merino socks and merino boxers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
I did this last year and might do it again this time around. It doesn’t add a ton of weight but obviously it seems like a lot more than others bring!

I sweat so bad I don’t have much option. I’m hiking in obsidian foundry and a merino top. I’ll change clothes once I get camp
Set. Then ill hang those out to dry and tada. Second set of clothes

Socks for sure. Anything extra depends on the hunt/weather. In hot/humid 90+ weather I will bring spare underwear to cut down on the swamp rash.

The other option as a first hunt is to bring fresh clothing for every day. I ensure you, once you carry that extra weight once and haul clean clothing back out, you will not do it again.

4 pairs of underwear weigh less than your iPhone. Just sayin'

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Usually 2 extra pairs of socks and 1 pair of underwear I wear one set of clothes hiking in and have another set to hunt with “less” stench 🤷‍♂️

joshbazz

FNG
I'd pack enough layers (base, mid, insulation, shell), one pair of merino underwear and 2 pairs of merino socks. And tenacious tape to repair any rips or tears as needed.

Merino doesn’t stink. Legitimately. Also, I was highly suspect of the “microban” stuff KUIU claims they treat their attack pants with.

I wore them every day for a week hiking with a pack in FL in the summer time. I would typically wring out my T-shirt before putting it in the car. IIRC, I threw the attack pants in the back in a ball each day. No airing out or washing. On day 7 I was very pleasantly surprised. There was a faint smell but that was it. I’ve stunk worse wearing workout shorts for 30 minutes just doing stuff around the house.