How much wildgame does your family eat?

Just my wife and I will go through 2-3 whitetail a year and have nothing left over by the time season opens up. I don't keep any roast. Everything is either backstraps, burger (not mixed with anything) or jerkey.

jhm2023

WKR
When it comes to red meat, my family exclusively lives on moose, bear, sheep, caribou and the occasional mtn. goat. The only exception is when we eat at a restaurant. the only meat we purchase at the store is bacon, chicken and the occasional pork ribs or butt for the smoker. It's gotten to the point that I think beef smells weird when being cooked.

bgipson

FNG
I'm the coworker everyone loves to be on night shift with. I'll cook deer, elk, or antelope every night and bring enough that everyone is well fed. We're hiring if anyone is interested 😂

That being said my wife and I will typically have 1-3 elk, 1-2 mule deer, and 4-6 antelope in the freezer by the time everything is said and done so there is plenty to go around. Add in the random fish and waterfowl and we're more than set for the year. We share a fair bit with family also but manage to pace it well enough we usually run out within a week of doe antelope opening Aug 15.

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
Family of five, but the kids are all young. We'll eat one or two deer plus however much small game and fish that we come up with. We also raise laying hens and about 60-70 meat chickens per year. Even with all that, we're still buying some meat at the grocery store, though it's way less than we were buying a few years ago. I'm trying to get us away from purchasing meat altogether. Fingers crossed for 2023.

MTChurch

FNG
Just curious how much wildgame do people actually eat every year? Don't include how much you give away and donate, just you immediate household.
Our family we make it a point to have the freezer empty of wildgame before each season starts. From steaks, roasts, burger, plus all the various seasoned and cured meats at the most my family of 4 can eat 2 elk, 2 deer, and 2 Antelope in an entire year, and then through in some fish, a few grouse, maybe a turkey or 2, plus a few rabbits.
The average week we average over 50% of our meals include wildgame.

So how much wildgame does your family actually eat every year?
Our goal is to never buy red meat. Just my wife and I are two thirds through my bull elk from last season.

Katoom27

FNG
Just curious how much wildgame do people actually eat every year? Don't include how much you give away and donate, just you immediate household.
Our family we make it a point to have the freezer empty of wildgame before each season starts. From steaks, roasts, burger, plus all the various seasoned and cured meats at the most my family of 4 can eat 2 elk, 2 deer, and 2 Antelope in an entire year, and then through in some fish, a few grouse, maybe a turkey or 2, plus a few rabbits.
The average week we average over 50% of our meals include wildgame.

So how much wildgame does your family actually eat every year?
Depends on what I have in the freezer. My problem is I don’t eat it fast enough because I’m always saving it haha. New rule is it it as much as you can while it’s still fresh. Also helps if you can make something the family enjoys out of it. Grinding game meat in to burger is very versatile.

4ckb

FNG
Me, my wife, and our 10 year old daughter typically go through 3 - 4 whitetails, a wild turkey, and a number of geese and ducks every year. We don't buy too much red meat other than an occasional brisket for the smoker or something like that.

Mosby

WKR
I am finishing off an elk right now. Plan on putting 2 deer in the freezer this year and a ton of birds. I am a crock pot zen master.