How often are you practicing?

slatty

WKR
I’m a simpleton and I have just the one bow I really use. I practice as much as I can with my busy young family. Usually that means 1-2 quivers before bed every day all year (20yd basement range). Out stumping when I can. I should practice more and some day I will. If I practiced more I’d probably be more confident and less likely to pick up that lonely .308 come rifle season.

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot everyday. Even if only a handful of arrows. I try to pick a specific thing to improve on, speed up the shot sequence, aim less, back tension, behind the neck release follow through, etc. I utilize slow motion on my phone and video myself to audit my form. Also shooting at clubs in front of people adds a little pressure. I like that from time to time. And I love to shoot 3D targets. I’m a hunter I want to shoot animal shaped stuff. Not just paper. Good luck!

FLYBYU44

FNG
I never counted arrows shot, but I practice daily for about an hour or so, sometimes longer on the weekends. Mostly instinctive shooting out to 30m. I haven't hunted yet (wasn't confident enough last year) but plan to this fall. I only shoot one bow, a 46lb Bob Lee recurve.

Nice shooting! I practice typically 3-5 times a week. I tend to use lighter weight poundage bows in offseason and focus on form. Once June or so comes I start upgrading in draw weight to get comfortable with hunting weight.

I try to shoot daily even if it’s just in my garage with video to watch form flaws since Alaska gets a little cold during the winter

bisblue

WKR
Shoot all year with target in my side yard in southern Nevada.

Telework helps!! But shoot most days. I'm learning traditional and probably need a few more days off here and there... Always fighting shoulder issues as a rock climber.

Do folks jump back and forth between lighter and heavier limbs at all?

GLB

WKR
I have To control myself and not shoot every day and not shoot for hours. I do best if I shoot 2-3 times a week and I usually shoot 1-3 arrows at a time.

Every few years I pick up my recurve, ultimately deciding not to hunt with it. 2020 was the perfect year to pick up my Bear Grizzly again and get to practicing. So on December 8th I started shooting again and made a promise to myself that I would shoot every single day. Even if I only had time for 3 arrows, I would practice.

It has been less than a month, and I am really pleased with my progress. I shot at an indoor club last night and had some 3 arrow groups that really surprised me. All at 20 yards. I’m confident that if I continue to shoot daily, I’ll be proficient enough to hunt with a stickbow in 2021.

I’m interested to hear about how often you guys shoot and what tactics or drills you use to build your proficiency.

Had to attach a pic of my target because my wife could care less, and I’m pretty happy with it.
Your good to go now.

I try and shoot daily even if it's just close range work in my hotel room while on the road working. Then on the weekend I'll work on distance shooting.
For me the big thing is just keeping/building the shooting muscles. There's really no other substitute (that I know of that's worth the time) for working the muscles the same way shooting a bow does.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Warmsy

WKR
I shoot 4-6 days/ week. Video tape myself once in a while. 30-80 arrows/ day. I'll throw in some broadheads once in a while as well as bareshaft. It's easy to fall into routine and slouch on form, so I am constantly tweaking and the bh/bs really are an eye opener. I trying to get awesome at barebbnow.
Once a week I'll do a bunch of burpees and jumping squats until I'm whipped, then shoot one broadhead at a random yardage. Going to my first 3d shit next weekend.

Excited for the cold bow challenge!