How short of barrels are you guys running on suppressors

cgasner1

WKR
I’m dropping my win mag off tomorrow to have the barrel chopped down still can’t decide on 18 or 20” I know I’m giving up FPS but I’m tired of having a gun that long with the can on it I ordered some 180 elite hunters for it today wondering if anyone else has chopped one down this far and what the real FPS was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
I'd check with your suppressor manufacturer, but would probably do 20" on a 300 win mag. Assuming that is what it is. My 30-06 is 18" and handles great with a UL7 on it.

HuntnPack

WKR
Interested in this also. I’d like to run a suppressed 300 PRC. Thinking about using
The 215 Bergers. Maybe run a GA Precision
Jäger Suppressor, it only adds 4.5” in length. Any thoughts on barrel length? The rifle will
Be a mid weight longrange pack rifle.
don’t want to loose too much performance.
Maybe out to 1000 yds. for a rock or plate. less than that on ELk & Bear.

wysongdog

WKR
I’m working with nick at straight jacket armory on doing this with a remodel on my 257 wetherby. May change the caliber but right now it weighs 9.2 pounds empty. Just a touch heavy for a mountain rifle lol. But it’s built on the Borden action like my 28 nosler. Think we are going to go 22”. But have been thinking hard on the 20”. Decisions decisions. Lol. Really looking hard at cutting the 28 down as well. It has 26” barrel and with my ultra 7 it feels super long, and fits like ass in my scabbard on my mule.

Interested in this also. I’d like to run a suppressed 300 PRC. Thinking about using
The 215 Bergers. Maybe run a GA Precision
Jäger Suppressor, it only adds 4.5” in length. Any thoughts on barrel length? The rifle will
Be a mid weight longrange pack rifle.
don’t want to loose too much performance.
Maybe out to 1000 yds. for a rock or plate. less than that on ELk & Bear.
I like the concept of the Jager , but it definitely has barrel diameter and length restrictions. It's kind of a niche product that I think will be great for certain people and not very flexible for general use.

It's rated for a 24" 300 WM and .750" barrel diameter. That excludes us idiots with big magnums and heavy barrels. Each individual will have to decide if it's worth the wait time and tax stamp compared to other offerings on the market.

HuntnPack

WKR
Weiser, Thanks, & you are right, the jager is narrower in its application. Fortunately it fits my application nicely I’ll prolly plan on
24” barrel length for now if I go this route.
nice thing is I can shoot the rifle with or without Suppressor, or Brake as needed.
I’ll have my 21 inch jager suppressed 6.5 to swap between rifles. 😃

OP
cgasner1

cgasner1

WKR
I’d be happy with enough power to kill a elk at 600 switching from the 190 Sierra at 2950 to the 180 elite at 2800 it would have almost identical ballistics

OP
cgasner1

cgasner1

WKR
Silenceco told me to keep it at 20” so guess I’ll chop it to 20 and build a lid and see what I get

fatbacks

WKR
re-barreled my 300 WSM to 22" and am stil getting enough velocity with a 200 gr bullet to hunt effectively out to 700 yds. I went 22" because thats the shortest my suppressor is rated for with a 300 WSM

OP
cgasner1

cgasner1

WKR
Did you notice much difference at 22”?

amp713

WKR
Man I gotta say the timing of this is awesome. I'm just barely getting around to playing with guns instead of bows all the time. I've got a 300 win I've put on an XLR chassis. I wanna suppress it and use it for long range rock smashing and maybe a few hunts here and there. No clue on Cans yet but was looking at a YHM resonator k? I want to get a cheaper one as my first one so I can actually figure out what I like or dont like and upgrade from there.

Sorry for the take over

OP
cgasner1

cgasner1

WKR
With the wait times and cost of the stamp don’t go cheap buy a really nice one or you’ll be turning around and buying another one I have 2 now and the first one probably won’t leave the safe very often now

amp713

WKR
With the wait times and cost of the stamp don’t go cheap buy a really nice one or you’ll be turning around and buying another one I have 2 now and the first one probably won’t leave the safe very often now

Problem is I dont know a single person with one that I can check out and mess with so I have no clue what features I want

OP
cgasner1

cgasner1

WKR
Something rated for the the biggest gun you have so you can use it on all of them and something really lgiht

amp713

WKR
Something rated for the the biggest gun you have so you can use it on all of them and something really lgiht

300 prc is going to be the biggest, I want direct thread, and light enough and short enough it isnt a huge pain haha sounds like about 90% of the ones I've looked at ha

Get a 30 cal...to get the biggest you’ll need to go to something like a thunderbeast 338 ultra, but youll have a much bigger and heavier suppressor.

My ultra 7 on my 22” 300wsm is a nice package.