How should I clean this deers inside?

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
I would hose out and let hang in good air flow. cut down through the brisket to the neck let that area drain if you hang from the back legs (that is how I hang them). I personally like to get the skin off as soon as possible as it is just plain easier to skin. I have at times did 90% of the skinning and pulled the hide back over the carcass.

I am with you. It would be could day in Hell before I drug a deer with the guts in. Especially if you don't split the pelvic bone there is very little to actually get dirty. Pull the tenderloins out before dragging if you are worried about it.
Yea, those got straight up dir-tay. Live and learn. Typically I have zip ties to zip the cavity back closed. Today, I didnt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Its your deer and free too do as you like, if mine I would skin, split down the backbone wash out the halves two or three times with clear water, and if cool enough hang from the rear leg tendons. as long as you keep it cold it should hang and age at least three days. Done a bunch that way. The main issue is get the deer clean and cool as quick as possible. At least for me.

gelton

WKR
FYI, if you plan on doing a shoulder mount, you want to cape it out asap, the longer it hangs the hair will start to fall off.

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
So, decided this would be a poor time to try hanging with skin on. Just did the same old same old: skinned with legs upward, pulled over head and sawed that off, cut my neck roast, split it in two with the reciprocating saw. They're just hanging now. 30 tonight. Gonna quarter tomorrow.

Giving it a spray with vinegar seems like a reasonable idea. Anyone have objections to that?

27baa40f44025446b9f25890d85ff54a.jpg

Gboots

FNG
This is my first big buck in NY. Have shot others before for for upstate NY this is a real treat! Public land to boot! 600 yard drag, 400 mountain 200 bog. Look at what the innards look like after tye drag through the bog.

Completely submerged at times. This was the hardest drag of my life. I purposely didn't quarter him because this year I would REALLY like to try and hang the deer and age it with the hide on!

So my question is Can I still age it? How should I clean it?
cf6f169da01e938d5ba19c2a71aafd22.jpg
c0535056149d7f4aede72e44b25bcbc8.jpg
41b45b930120347800ea3327d0187f83.jpg

I agree with most of the other guys/gals on the forum. Hose him out, wipe him down and hang him up. It's cold enough now. Nice job, Goolahg!!!