How to Archery Hunt Silent Elk?

That's true, its probably time for a more thorough search of the whole unit.

How much do you buy into "never leave elk to find elk"? We are in elk, but primarily cows and calves.
Very much into the "Don't leave elk to find them" theme. I've done it before as my partner wanted to go into our pack in spot vs. out 10 minute walk from the road spot. Loaded with elk, we packed in..........No elk! Lesson learned. You mentioned "Archery" if you're into cows and calves, the bulls have to be close by that time of year.

Enjoy! Everyone deserves their own special spot. Hopefully you find yours.

Very much into the "Don't leave elk to find them" theme. I've done it before as my partner wanted to go into our pack in spot vs. out 10 minute walk from the road spot. Loaded with elk, we packed in..........No elk! Lesson learned. You mentioned "Archery" if you're into cows and calves, the bulls have to be close by that time of year.

Enjoy! Everyone deserves their own special spot. Hopefully you find yours.
Yep. Well said. If I am into em regardless of pressure, I don’t leave em. On the flip side, if I am not into them, I am not afraid to move on to plan A, B, C, D and E if I have to

ElkNut1

WKR
I will say this, regardless of Tactic used Hunting Silent Elk in dark timber takes a lot of patience! I have several Tactics that are money for me, much depends on sign or a gut feeling that I know they are within earshot!

My list of gotos is Cold Calling, (last resort as cows, spikes show first) Breeding Sequence, Advertising Sequence & #-1 Slow Play because this Tactic targets bulls & I'm not a cow hunter. If you are an Any Elk Hunter then Cold Calling kicks butt to elk within earshot, those elk are best called from their bedding areas.

Outside of that a great tactic is Treestand/Ground Blinds setup on active trails, they're money!

ElkNut

When they're quiet, I'm a big fan of finding an active wallow and waiting them out. Unless they have a reason to leave (like your thermals blowing into their bedding area), they will be back.