How-to Bowtech Question Flip Disc

Anyone have a bowtech or know how to flip the flip disc from performance to comfort vice versa? Can’t find a you tube how to and the bow tech manual is about as good as a Garmin manual.

key is should I use/need a press or can I just unscrew the bolts and flip it and put in screws.

thanks

kpk

WKR
There's a very slight chance of needing a bow press depending on if one of the screws is obscured by the limb.

Yup. Before I had a press I had to take one in due to the screw being directly under the limb. Guy at the shop adjusted it and then drew the bow by hand. At near full draw BOOM! Shop bought new cables and limbs for that bow. I hadn't even shot it yet.

I built a press and haven't been to a "bow shop" since.

buggz

FNG
I haven't had a problem without using a press.
If the screws are under a limb, something has drastically changed since those screws were installed?
I have backed off the limbs draw weight a LOT and still my screws were accessible.

OP
540-Virginian
I haven't had a problem without using a press.
If the screws are under a limb, something has drastically changed since those screws were installed?
I have backed off the limbs draw weight a LOT and still my screws were accessible.
You need a press to change the draw length though correct? Don't need to, just curious why we are talking Bowtech

You need a press to change the draw length though correct? Don't need to, just curious why we are talking Bowtech
Only if the mod screws are under a limb. Sometimes when the BT engineers put the bow together, they do not take into account the end user not being able to reach the screws that have now rotated underneath the limbs and cannot be taken out without pressing the limbs.

sndmn11

WKR
I misspoke a little. On my Reckoning it is one of the cables that can be in the way. You can see on the disk right below where "performance" NCE is written that my bow came to me with one of the three bolt in that hole. You can also see six possible threaded holes for the three bolts. On the bolt head side of the disk, you can see those three bolts are in a track to allow the draw length to slide. You can also see the bolt closest to the limb tip is nearly obscured by the cable, and was so in it's previous position a scoosh away from the tip.

If you can get to the bolts, you can flip the disk or adjust draw length without a press.
PXL_20210121_203910238.jpgPXL_20210121_203946748.jpg

Last edited: