How to Broadhead Tune?

OP
540-Virginian
Adjusting both the same is equivalent to moving the rest left and right, the system is intended to make it easy to tune in lean. I found easy and predictable success by moving the top cam 1/3rd turn, testing, top cam another 1/3rd turn the same way as the first adjustment, then bottom 1/3rd turn the opposite way, then bottom 1/3rd turn the opposite way. This keeps the nock point as close to centershot as possible, but is making up for any shooter torque, riser torque, or other abnormal variable by taking the string from I to \. I helped one person do the above, the other three deadlocks, including my own, never got past the top cam being more than 2/3rds turn from the middle.
Ok this intrigued me and so when i checked my bow and the string was looking like it was about to derail at full draw from lean. I had originally moved both cams to right - assuming you moved both - after having added new strings. Didnt think to check how it was set before restringing.

i reset the cams to center then played around and ended up moving my top cam to left and bottom cam to right to get the cams and string lined up and looking normal. Im guessing this is the equivalent to twisting yokes to get rid of cam lean? And then once i tune, would you move both cams in same direction to shift string?

Havent gotten to range to check broadhead groupings.

sndmn11

WKR
Ok this intrigued me and so when i checked my bow and the string was looking like it was about to derail at full draw from lean. I had originally moved both cams to right - assuming you moved both - after having added new strings. Didnt think to check how it was set before restringing.

i reset the cams to center then played around and ended up moving my top cam to left and bottom cam to right to get the cams and string lined up and looking normal. Im guessing this is the equivalent to twisting yokes to get rid of cam lean? And then once i tune, would you move both cams in same direction to shift string?

Havent gotten to range to check broadhead groupings.

What I have done isset them both to center based on a witness mark and counting revolutions. Put rest at center. Then adjust as I described above after shooting. You are basically tuning out any lean and shooter caused torque.
I found when moving them equally the same direction it just shifter things over. Test that out by shooting an end, move the top can one turn the way you think, shot an end, them move the bottom cam the same way you moved the top. When I did this, I found the results to be A, B, and then back to A.

corey006

Lil-Rokslider
Bareshaft tune your bow .....

I have never seen a bow yet that was properly bareshaft tuned that needed ANY adjustment for fixed blades....