HOW TO CHANGE STAYS IN A KIFARU PACK

Oregonboy

WKR
Hey team,

I'm switching from the curved stays to the semi-flat and I can't figure out how to get the current stays out of the pack. They are really stuck in there!

Kifaru has a ton of videos online how all their products but I can't find any info on how to swap out the stays.

Anyone got a nifty trick to make this easier?

Unfortunately, There’s no magic trick. It’s hit or miss how easy or hard it is to remove the stays. On stubborn stays I’ll use a rubber gripper thing my wife has in the kitchen that helps get a lid off a jar. It gives me a better grip on the stay. I wrap it around the bottom of the stay to give me a good grip then I hold the top of the pack with the other and kind of wiggle it a bit while pulling it out of the stay pocket. It will come out eventually.

***do your self a favor buy laying it out exactly as you removed it from the frame to help you put the new stay back into the pocket in the same orientation. There is a top and bottom end and a front and back side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use a pair of vise grip pliers. But wrap the jaws in electrical tape so you don't mess up The stays. They're no joke to get out! It's not uncommon to break a sweat doing it!

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Oregonboy, I will sometimes hook the top loop of the frame around something stout to pull against and use a pair of pliers. Also helps to leave it out in the sun for a little to heat up. We used to spray the stays with clear acrylic to seal them and then they would effectively "weld" themselves in the sleeves. We haven't done that in a few years however. If it keeps giving you hell, give us a call. 303.278.9155

OP
Oregonboy

Oregonboy

WKR
Thanks guys. This advice helped me get them out, now I just gotta figure out how to put this whole pack back together lol. This has been a great learning experience.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I fought this battle myself. I used a vice to get mine out. After the first time it gets easier