How to choose the correct pack.

PClawson

FNG
I'm trying to decide on the correct pack for whitetail hunting on the east coast. Keeping budget in mind and not trying to break the bank. Iv been looking at the Mystery ranch Pop-up 28 and 38 as well as the Pintler. I hunt from a saddle so I will need the ability to pack sticks and a platform in. And the ability to pack meat out... hopefully. Any suggestions on other packs like these that are affordable? I would hope to find something used on here or another forum. But packs are kinda hard to come by. Thanks

If your budget is small, you're kinda limited to what you can find. I don't know what your budget is, but there's plenty of used packs for sale after hunting season by all the big makers (Kifaru, StoneGlacier, Exo, Seek Outside, etc.). Personally, if your budget is small, I'd suggest buying a good frame by one of the companies listed above, and just strapping your gear to it until you can afford a bag to go with it.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Trumpkin. That's what I'm doing this year. Bought a quality frame off the classifieds and just strapping a bag to it I already have. Now I'm just sitting and waiting for another deal.

If I’m buying new. I’d like to be under $350
You may still be able to find a MR Terraframe 50 [remarkably similar to the Pintler but marketed to granola-crunchers] on sale. They were $300ish last month at STP & Moose & even REI.