Which bino would you choose?

• Ziess Victory RF 10x42

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • NL Pure 10x42 + Sig2400abs

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

JakeSCH

WKR
I am in a predicament and struggling to make a choice (because both choices are good). In the last few months I've picked up a pair of NL Pures 10x and Zeiss Victory RF 10x42's.

Both bins are great but there is a tradeoff of glass quality vs multifunctional. In my eyes, there is a difference between the two (NL's are brighter, larger fov, better depth of field), however I was watching a mule deer tonight at 1200 yards through both and loved being able to range off the tripod with just a push of a button.

Big question of the day, which option would you choose? Honestly at a coinflip right now. It really doesn't make sense to keep both, to much money that I could use on other toys.

Last edited:
Jake, you got yourself in a nice predicament there. Sell both a get a pair of EL Range? Just a thought.

Binos with laser range finder and on-board ballistics sure help cut pack weight and bunk.

Sorry I'm no help, just mudding the waters.

Only experience I have with quality glass is looking thru Drew's 15's and Sig Kilos.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Jake, you got yourself in a nice predicament there. Sell both a get a pair of EL Range? Just a thought.

Binos with laser range finder and on-board ballistics sure help cut pack weight and bunk.

Sorry I'm no help, just mudding the waters.

Only experience I have with quality glass is looking thru Drew's 15's and Sig Kilos.

We need to start hiking again to get back in shape! I thought about getting the new EL Range w/ TA but not a fan of the ergonomics. Basically there are not bad options...so I will probably spend another month or so going back and forth and make a choice then.

I'm down! Let's start with Cowles and I can do Iron Mountain also, it's on my way to the office in Poway.

tdot

WKR
I personally wouldn't combine a range finder into my Alpha glass. Alpha glass will be Alpha glass for years to come, but the range finder will be out dated in a few years. I'm also only ranging about 1% of the time I'm looking through them, so I'd prefer the superior optics for the other 99% of the time.