How to deal with 2nd rifle season pressures

OP
J
Thanks for the info. I’ll probably plan on doing vehicle hunts until I am able to locate some animals. It makes sense.

It’s hard to make a good plan knowing that so many people are going to be out there. Also all the research I’m able to do online point to “solo hunt heroes” who do a hunt similar to my original plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
Thanks for the info. I’ll probably plan on doing vehicle hunts until I am able to locate some animals. It makes sense.

It’s hard to make a good plan knowing that so many people are going to be out there. Also all the research I’m able to do online point to “solo hunt heroes” who do a hunt similar to my original plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might be surprised, I have found that archery (even though it's a much longer season) is normally more packed than rifle seasons. Opening weekend will be nuts but after that, it quiets down fairly quickly...especially if the snow comes...last year we were one of the only ones on the mountain after a snowstorm blew through and left single-digit temps.

Jaquomo

WKR
The areas where the "solo hunt heroes" are successful are places where they know ahead of time where elk will be, or will be fleeing through when pressure hits them. If you are fortunate enough to find one of those places, keep your mouth shut and hunt it in future years.