How to find a Wyoming trespass fee landowner

RAU

FNG
Another newbie question. I’ve found an area that has pretty high success that Has a real good chance I can draw without preference points. The problem is it’s almost all private. Any methods any of you know for securing permission before hand from the other side of the country? I’m in Pennsylvania. I’d pay a trespass fee if required. What would I expect to pay for trespass? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

wyosteve

WKR
I don't know as of 2020, but in the early 2000's, trespass fees were in the $750 to $1000 range.

wytx

WKR
See if the county has a GIS web page that has a map and shows landowners names. Google them then make some calls. Mid morning you might catch the ranchers in for coffee this time of the year. After dark but not late is always good time to call. I always ask first about trespass fee hunting , not just hunting.
Biologists and GWs will also have a handle on who, if anyone, allows hunting.
Local hangouts, cafes and feed stores can also be a source of info when you get here.

OP
R

RAU

FNG
Thanks I’m want to line up at least a landowner or 2 before I apply. Maybe I’ll up my OnX membership to include Wyoming right now instead of right before I leave and try to find some addresses to send letters to as well.

wytx

WKR
I would make some calls before the draw and then after you get your results. I don't know if letters get a response, landowner we work for does not reply to them.
They will want to know when you plan to come out, and how many hunters. Better to ask for after opening week , imo.

If you have an idea of the units, I'd call the the regional office assigned to that unit and try and get a hold of the bio assigned to that unit. They might know of some ranchers you can call about trespass fees. Also, try the game warden for that area, if they have been in that area for awhile they usually have an idea of some that might allow access for a fee. They also used to have a list of landowners they would email to you but not sure they still do that or update it. But its worth a try??

For the area I hunt for a buck what I'm seeing for trespass is a low of $500 but most are in the $700-$1000 range. Some will then allow you to shoot a doe also or some change $100 bucks for each doe, all depends.

You might also try contacting HuntNation I think it is, never used them so have no idea about their level of service but did email them about a hunt a few years ago - they offered some trespass only hunts on a couple of pretty big ranches around Gillette I think it was. The fee seemed OK from what I have seen.

But you better get on it soon, the better ranches usually have a big number of repeat hunters if they are any good so getting on a place this year might be tough but who knows unless you try - good luck to you.

Okhotnik

WKR
I gained access to a few ranches in Wy for antelope. Took a lot of time on the phone ( over 40 phone calls) and boots on the ground.

OP
R

RAU

FNG
Okhotnik how much did this access cost you? Thanks everyone

OP
R

RAU

FNG
We’re looking to shoot any antelope, We’re not that worried about horns. We Just want to see new country, hunt something different, and hopefully come home with a cooler or 2 of meat we’ve never eaten.

PS sorry for the giant bold text I copy and pasted your handle and that’s how it came in

Richieber

FNG
Not sure if you have OnX but everything I have read here and elsewhere says it's invaluable for property boundaries in Wyoming plus it has property owner names which you can Google to get phone numbers. Some owners are listed as trusts so may not be able to do much there but many are actually names

OP
R

RAU

FNG
Menhaden_man as soon as I have enough posts to send a PM you’ll be hearing from me, thanks!!

OP
R

RAU

FNG
Richieber I have OnX for Pennsylvania. I Wish I could just add Wyoming without paying for whole country but I don’t think that’s an option I think I just have to bite the bullet and pay for whole country. Thanks that’s a great idea for researching property owners!

Richieber

FNG
Richieber I have OnX for Pennsylvania. I Wish I could just add Wyoming without paying for whole country but I don’t think that’s an option I think I just have to bite the bullet and pay for whole country. Thanks that’s a great idea for researching property owners!
Keep you eye on Campfire.com they often have the whole country for $59. Not mention from my research it's almost mandatory for public DIY hunting in Wyoming to ensure you don't trespass on private land.

Huddy

FNG
RAU, look up Camo Fire for deals on OnX, they usually run it @ once a month for @$59 for all states.

Matt79

Lil-Rokslider
No need to pay a tresspass fee for antelope in Wyoming. I’ve been 2 times to 1 point units and 4 guys had success killing there buck and doe ea trip. Also had friends do the same in zero point units, both done on public grounds