How to? Firearms sales

68Plexi

WKR
Looking for some help from the community on where/how to sell a rifle. FULL DISCLAIMER, I understand most of you are not lawyers and I'm not looking for legal counsel. I have and will continue to research my states (CA) laws and regulations on legal sales and transfers. I have already had this conversation with my local FFL, but he wasn't super helpful as far as how to sell it, which I understand because he's trying to sell his own firearms and doesn't need to bother with mine. Great guy regardless.

I've sold (and bought $$$) a number of items here, but never a firearm. All the items I've sold here have been through PayPal and I could be wrong but I am under the impression PayPal is no longer an option for these types of sales. How do you guys accept payment when you sell a rifle here? Wait for a check to arrive and clear and then ship to the buyers FFL? What about transfer fees? Shipping is through UPS or FedEx, no USPS correct? Is that also the case for ammo?

I've considered Gunbroker, but if it's anything like eBay (which I have used for over 20 years), a brand new seller without any feedback isn't the guy I want to buy a rife from.

I've already asked my friends and relatives and none are in the market at this time.

I've basically got an AR15 that's been sitting in my safe for about 7 years and I'm just not shooting it. I bought it new, used it for a fun rifle class and it's been in my safe ever since. Nice Adams Arms gas piston upper. I think we went through a couple hundred rounds in the class so the round count is low. I'd just rather replace it with a rifle I will hunt with. Any help finding a place to start is greatly appreciated.

WKR

WKR
Post it on the calguns classifieds forum for a local sale

OP
68Plexi

68Plexi

WKR
Cal guns, local shops consignment rack, online forums like this and others

Thanks. Unfortunately the only store in my town that sells guns in Big 5 lol, and they have been slowly eliminating them. I just signed up with cal guns, we’ll see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
68Plexi

68Plexi

WKR
Curios if $750 is a fair price for something like this? Adams Arms gas piston 18”. Paid around $1,200 to put it together.

I’ve got a Nikon 3x9 scope for it, (p223 with exposed turrets) and a bunch of accessories. Padded case, mags, extra magpul grip as well but it seems guys like to build these with their own accessories.

55bbdbfd8bd4c4a9bbc7e39c630dc1fa.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
Jump on Calguns and check the long gun for sale section. That'll give you an idea. Just know that generally there are a ton of AR's for sale at any given time on there.

OP
68Plexi

68Plexi

WKR
Jump on Calguns and check the long gun for sale section. That'll give you an idea. Just know that generally there are a ton of AR's for sale at any given time on there.

Sounds good, thanks!