How to fix bad drawing form?

Here's a video of me drawing my bow.

This might sound like a really weird cue to give, but try to think about keeping your elbow as far away from your torso as go can. The second your bring your album underneath the line of tension and have it pointed towards the ground, you engage too much bicep and rotator cuff. Not sure if this cue will make any sense but definitely one to think about.
EDIT to add: Far away from your torso, but also parallel to the ground. Don't point your elbow at the ground. don't point it entirely at the sky either, but a higher elbow is more desirable.

Last edited:
OP
Bowhunter'07
This might sound like a really weird cue to give, but try to think about keeping your elbow as far away from your torso as go can. The second your bring your album underneath the line of tension and have it pointed towards the ground, you engage too much bicep and rotator cuff. Not sure if this cue will make any sense but definitely one to think about.
EDIT to add: Far away from your torso, but also parallel to the ground. Don't point your elbow at the ground. don't point it entirely at the sky either, but a higher elbow is more desirable.
Thanks, I'll try that!