How to hang clothes etc and in a Cimarron...

Joshf303*

Lil-Rokslider
Have some ideas on some attachment points on the pole but curious to see some other options....

What mods have you done to the pole or inside to hang a couple outer layers to dry?

Poser

WKR
I have 2:

If I’m using a tripod, set it up inside and hang your gear off of it as high as possible.

If not using a tripod, use 3 trekking poles tied together as a tripod. Can substitute sticks, though I haven’t tried it. Needs to be stable as falling into the pipe would be a bad deal.

I’ve thought about some simple, self locking “L” shaped attachments to the center pole would be awesome. Could have some made at Rita Locura using carbon fiber. Attachments that lock in place under a tiny bit of weight. Any ideas here? We could band together for a custom order.

Interested in other ideas.

We usually cut a tree to length and cut the branches off except for a few inches to hang stuff off of. Then tie it to the carbon pole. I should have taken pics of last weeks setup. Works for us

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I have done the same as K1United under a tarp /in tipi except ran the line from prussik knot on pole to a tent peg. Worked well. Got the idea from SeekOutside site post.

Geewhiz

WKR
I saw somewhere that a guy got a 1 foot length of 1.5 inch pvc, capped one end and stuck it over the top of the center pole. He had holes drilled in the pipe so he could use pegboard hooks and then hung his clothes on the hooks. Looked genius with the exception of having to carry a piece of PVC.

OP
J

Joshf303*

Lil-Rokslider
I have done the same as K1United under a tarp /in tipi except ran the line from prussik knot on pole to a tent peg. Worked well. Got the idea from SeekOutside site post.
I like the idea of combining y’all’s two methods. Want to keep weight off the actual canopy and never thought about running a cord from an attachment point on the pole to a separate stake. I was thinking about a couple small hose clamps with key rings attached to the pole but a prusik knot is too easy and makes too much sense. Lol...

2rocky

WKR

61ey-bbZpbL.jpg

I always tie my tipi off to a tree and hang all my clothes there. I have never hung clothes on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Redcliff has loops up near the center pole pouch. I run cord around those and have a circle of cord to hang things. My tipi light hangs from there as do my wet outer layers. Not sure if the Cimmaron has these loops?

Ehiggins

WKR
I made this out of a couple old arrows and some cord. Works great
d772edd953f199df941e3c353732f0c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk