How to hunt every year

Currently live out east. Would love to start heading out west annually to hunt. I’m hoping to get some advice on best way to get out every year. I’m open to all species and states. Should I stick to one state? Rotate through them while I accumulate points? Specifically looking for antelope, mule deer, and elk but also open to bear and anything else to get me into the mountains. Thanks for the help!
i fully understand the logistical issues, but move out west to a state that treats residents well..... live in it, life is short.

there are compromises we make on a daily basis, happiness is not a good thing to compromise

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
Join Epic outdoors, for $100 per year. Call them, and they will help you build a plan and can help you have more tags every year than you can have time to hunt, most likely. There’s no substitute for having their level of knowledge across all the states systems.

OP
K
To the op what does this year look like for you after starting the thread almost a year ago where have you landed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Work (active duty military) got in the way a lot last year. Currently have points in Wyoming and colorado after purchasing points only. Planning on going next fall (2023) no matter what next year. Backup plan is OTC colorado. Looking into Idaho as wel for future considerations.

Poser

WKR
I drew a Rocky Mountain Sheep, ram, tag this year for Colorado in unit S71, between Silverton and Durango. I work for an outfitter, for mostly elk hunters. My outfitter, my good friend, recommended that I hire an outfitter. After considering the benefits and costs I am choosing to a DIY hunt. My primary reason, not cost, was made because I want a full blown hunt adventure. I have all the pack equipment needed and feel very comfortable in remote Alpine conditions. Since I'm retired and live within two hours of the hunt area I can put in the days and weeks needed to do this tag justice. I truly appreciate this opportunity and will do my best honor same, knowing that there are well over 40 thousand hunters who would love to change places. I'm not looking for a "trophy", just a legal ram of half curl or better. My trophy will be the opportunity and adventure to harvest one of the most coveted animals in North America. For those who drew this year or in the future I recommended the following: Unless you live at higher elevation (above 5K feet) or have weeks of time to acclimate and scout, do not consider an Alpine Sheep or goat hunt in CO without the assistance of an outfitter. This country is very demanding physically and getting the proper gear in/out will be a challenge even for most physically fit.

That’s going to be a tough tag. I’ve spent a LOT of time in this area of the high country and I’ve only seen sheep crossing the highway or licking the highway. I’ve yet to see any in the deep backcountry.

Good news is, lots of super long distance glassing available for their habitat in this area. Best of luck.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
I just went and did it every year. When I got married I told my bride if she didn't go with me she was going to be alone for a couple weeks every September. After 44 years together she got used to it.