How to make exterior cotton canvas tipi fabric last decades...?

Hi all

I am looking for an affordable way to make a new canvas cotton "Sunforger(silicone)" factory treated tipi last decades.
The maker says the canvas only lasts 5-10 years if left up all seasons as we do.
They have some sprays but they seem poor.

I read the wood preservative liquid copper-green makes wood inedible instead of just water proof and can be used on canvas although it doesn't have a uv protector although I'm not sure uv is what kills exterior canvas.
I think it's organisms because cotton is an edible organic food for them, just like wood.

In fact this Armorall copper 2 maker lists canvas as one of the uses:

It seems for the most longevity, next year after the factory treatment has worn, I should spray the canvas with the wood preservative then after a year, paint the canvas with a watered down paint.

It seems for the most longevity, next year after the factory treatment has worn, I should spray the canvas with the wood preservative(making the cotton inedible to organism) then after a year, paint the canvas with a watered down paint(making the canvas more waterproof so organisms don't have water to feast with).

Wondering if anyone has any input and experience on this.

def90

WKR
Waxed canvas maybe? Don't think the issue of longevity is so much the canvas as the stitching of the seams. I would think this would be a common discussion on a Yurt forum.

sneaky

"DADDY"
UV rays are what kills canvas. You'd be better off using rain flys made for your particular tipi instead of slathering chemicals all over the canvas. That will have an effect on the breathability. When the rain fly gets damaged from UV just replace it. It serves multiple purposes. Leaving canvas tipis up year round is going to shorten their lifespan, no way around that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk