How to pay Canadian while still in America?

tntrker

WKR
This is going to be one of those "stupid post" but I'm trying to set a reservation up for next year at a hotel in Canada. They gave me the price in Canadian. How do I pay that, being stateside, to make sure it's not paid that full amount in US$? $149 Canadian = $111 US. Will the CC automatically convert?? Thanks in advance..

slick

WKR
Yes, I used to go up 5-6x a year. It always corrected itself. Had to call bank and get approved because it was international.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If they charge it in Canadian currency, it will convert to USD's. I've used my CC's all over the world and they always convert to USD's......and generally get the best rate at that.

I manage a bank, If you're going on a trip and want cash most banks can get you Canadian funds with a couple weeks notice.

We have a few guys that bear hunt up there every year. The outfitter charges $1400 cash Us or Canadian whichever you have he doesn't convert. After their first trip they were telling me they wish he would accept credit cards because they would save a ton. . . They felt a little silly when I told them we could get them Canadian funds for the next time! Now they watch the conversion rate and get their cash whenever they think it's the best rate.

That being said, if you can use your CC most do convert for you with a minor charge and then you don't have to worry about cash!

OP
tntrker

tntrker

WKR
I manage a bank, If you're going on a trip and want cash most banks can get you Canadian funds with a couple weeks notice.

We have a few guys that bear hunt up there every year. The outfitter charges $1400 cash Us or Canadian whichever you have he doesn't convert. After their first trip they were telling me they wish he would accept credit cards because they would save a ton. . . They felt a little silly when I told them we could get them Canadian funds for the next time! Now they watch the conversion rate and get their cash whenever they think it's the best rate.

That being said, if you can use your CC most do convert for you with a minor charge and then you don't have to worry about cash!

Thanks S&S,
I was going to take Canadian cash for that very reason, but I wasn't sure about any CC charges if converted. I was going to hit my bank up before hand but never thought about watching the conversion rate for best timing. Thanks!