How to price a very recently purchased Kifaru pack for resale ?

mikekry

FNG
I recently bought a Kifaru Dall pack ($325), Duplex Lite Frame ($368), one large X-Pack pouch ($48), one medium X-Pack pouch ($45) and two small X-Pac pouches ($86). The total bill for these items was $786 plus tax. Shipping was free.

I seam-sealed the pack with "Gear Aid Seam Grip Silicone Sealant for Silnylon Tents and Tarps" which was suggested by the customer service person I talked to at Kifaru. I used more than the suggested amount of this product and made sure the seams were completely covered in this product so the seams on the inside of this pack do not look pretty but they are aggressively sealed. I also got a few small splotches of the seam-sealer on the outside of the bag.

Other than the imperfect seam-sealing the bag, frame and pouches are in perfect shape. I only used the bag on a one day trip before I concluded I like my old pack better than this pack for my purposes. ( I am a fly fisherman and not primarily a hunter although I do day hunts for deer and ducks but I frequently go on week plus long fishing trips in the backcountry ).

My question is this: What is a fair asking price for this pack, frame and four pouches considering they are virtually new and the seam-sealing is functional but not pretty.

Thank you.

Most people will tell you low so they can buy it. Everyone knows that like new Kifaru is usually listed at or above list price (just check the classified ms and ebay). To me, if you haven’t used it really then list price or just below should be pretty fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mikekry

FNG
GoodTimeKiller, thank you for your advice. I was guessing that the price would be about the same as new because hunting season is around the corner and there is a wait time for most high quality products on the market right now. Also, Kifaru's quality is unmatched.

30% less than the retail price.
Anymore that that and I'll just buy new and wait.

I already own a couple of Kifaru packs so waiting on the mother ship to send out new items is no big deal. Many people may feel the same.

Breaking up your items may prove more successful.

The majority of your posts and threads are about that pack. So there may be a bit of reluctance from potential buyers based on perception.

If you haven't already done so, check out the Kifaru groups on FB.

md126

WKR
The seam-sealing job won’t help the value that’s for sure, even if it’s only cosmetic.

Me personally, I’d never pay close to retail for a used pack no matter what shape it’s in. I’d just buy a new one or a cheaper used one. The going prices for bags in the classifieds support that opinion as well.

Just my 2 cents

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought a Kifaru Dall pack ($325), Duplex Lite Frame ($368), one large X-Pack pouch ($48), one medium X-Pack pouch ($45) and two small X-Pac pouches ($86). The total bill for these items was $786 plus tax. Shipping was free.

I seam-sealed the pack with "Gear Aid Seam Grip Silicone Sealant for Silnylon Tents and Tarps" which was suggested by the customer service person I talked to at Kifaru. I used more than the suggested amount of this product and made sure the seams were completely covered in this product so the seams on the inside of this pack do not look pretty but they are aggressively sealed. I also got a few small splotches of the seam-sealer on the outside of the bag.

Other than the imperfect seam-sealing the bag, frame and pouches are in perfect shape. I only used the bag on a one day trip before I concluded I like my old pack better than this pack for my purposes. ( I am a fly fisherman and not primarily a hunter although I do day hunts for deer and ducks but I frequently go on week plus long fishing trips in the backcountry ).

My question is this: What is a fair asking price for this pack, frame and four pouches considering they are virtually new and the seam-sealing is functional but not pretty.

Thank you.
I would break it up to sell it faster

Burtz

Lil-Rokslider
The seam-sealing job won’t help the value that’s for sure, even if it’s only cosmetic.

Me personally, I’d never pay close to retail for a used pack no matter what shape it’s in. I’d just buy a new one or a cheaper used one. The going prices for bags in the classifieds support that opinion as well.

Just my 2 cents
Agreed….30% off new list has always been a good starting point.