How to set/align broadheads?

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Coming from using rage hypodermic mc mechanicals to a fixed coc broadhead (trying iron will, day six, and was considering a 3 blade bc I can afford to try...)

how do you line up the fixed blade when installing? With the rage I would just screw in and send it.

Do fixed blades need to be aligned with the fletchings?

Difference for 3 or 4 fletch? 12-6, 9-3 orientation?

Do I need to glue or silicon the head into the shaft insert?

fatlander

WKR
You don’t need to align the heads. Just screw them on. More fletchings are going to stabilize a broadhead better, but it may not be necessary or apparent. I’ve done testing with 4 vs 3 fletch and I can’t discern any notable difference in my 60 yard broad head groups. I don’t know why you’re thinking about gluing heads in that are made to be taken out, so don’t do that either.

You may need to tune your bow if you’ve only shot mechs in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
7raptor

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
You don’t need to align the heads. Just screw them on. More fletchings are going to stabilize a broadhead better, but it may not be necessary or apparent. I’ve done testing with 4 vs 3 fletch and I can’t discern any notable difference in my 60 yard broad head groups. I don’t know why you’re thinking about gluing heads in that are made to be taken out, so don’t do that either.

You may need to tune your bow if you’ve only shot mechs in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy to know it’s as simple as it seemed!