How to Take Better Trophy Photos, By Jared Bloomgren

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
Background of the antlers is really important. Sky is best most of the time, but blaze orange works pretty well too. I don't mind blaze in the picture, and if it is absent, someone seems to always comment "you were illegal....". Make sure you review the pictures before you start the guttin' and gillin' so you don't get that great picture that has one antler with the sky as a background and the other your sleeve!

Make sure if you have a gun in the photo, it is not pointed at anyone and the action is open.

I love his comment about taking many angles. I usually find low camera position shots work well. I will add change distances as well as sometimes you will be surprised.

My buddy just sent me a picture of a whitetail where he was looking off to the side just a little and not directly into the camera. I liked that and will incorporate that into a few pics next time. I think it may take some tinkering to figure out how to do it, but it was a nice twist.

Lastly, I really like antlers from the top and the back. Both can really show off some dimensions that you don't see in the typical grip and grin.

Koby_Paul

FNG
Bloomgren-Jared-R.jpg

Good trophy or field photos can add so much to a hunt. Especialy years later when you want to look back or share your experience with friends and family. Jared Bloomgren has mastered the art of great trophy photos throughout his years as a hunter and he shares his opinions in his latest article.

How to Take Better Trophy Photos
I am definitely going to have to use some of these tips !