How worth it are micro-diameter arrows?

PredatorX

WKR
I may be in the minority here but I really like my 4mm injexions. May be a moot point with a broadhead on but without one and at long range my 4mm's will take out a 5mm all day long.

I don't feel broad head selection is that bad for the D6. Where it does get sparse is when you want to do something other than 100 or 125 grains.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

paxamus

WKR
On the GT Pierce Platinums, I had my thumb barrel on my release come loose and I sent one mid draw into a post of a chain link fence- pulled it out and flexed it- no issues and kept shooting with it (after fixing the release!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the GT Pierce Platinums, I had my thumb barrel on my release come loose and I sent one mid draw into a post of a chain link fence- pulled it out and flexed it- no issues and kept shooting with it (after fixing the release!).

Did the outsert spine true?

bignocks

FNG
There are a few skinny arrows that are trying to solve the problems. At the end of the day the components cost more and finding that good setup that works might take a few wasted arrows (I had some footers I tried that sucked). Im currently shooting the 330 injexions with the new easton titanium outserts so I can run the normal broadhead threads. I like them but unless you like tinkering I cant say Id recommend them to everyone....With that said I might be shooting them again this season. Couple other things I just thought of is a little less surface area for fletching configurations but still doable, and you might need a new quiver to grip the skinnier arrows. You might also need to check your bow tune with the rest. Some food for thought.

Sled

WKR
i like my .204's but only with a footer. they are too fragile without one. the best one i've found is the VPA . aside from those i'll up size to some easton hexx and add some weight up front. they hold up well even with the higher FOC. i've found most arrows with low FOC (<8%) tend to hold up better to hard impacts.

fwiw, .204 is as small as i go. .246 is as big as i'd hunt with.

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm currently shooting the Easton Injexion with the titanium outsert and really like them they are shooting really well for me but I can't say if they are a better choice over the 5mm.

I like Easton Carbon Injexions with a Firenock Outsert put on with Bohning Hot Melt so you can rotate the outsert for perfect alignment. The combo is tough, I get excellent flight and use regular 8-32 threaded broadheads. I do install the SS D-6 insert in the shaft at the stock location for additional reinforcing and 20 grains of additional weight. No issues helical fletching the Injexions with 3 Blazers on a Bitzenburger. Good luck!

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Had a similar experience as a lot of guys here.
I'm no pro, but love tinkering and building arrows. Hated the outsert and collar.
They felt faster, I know they weren't but going down range they just seemed streamlined, but that's the only plus.
I keep coming back to my gt velocity xt's with FACT weights up front. Easy to change arrow weights and mess around.
For how light they are, incredibly durable.
Eye is starting to wander toward some .204"'s though